Would you like delicious ice cream bristling with chocolate? This Rich milk chocolate ice cream recipe will be right for you if you love chocolate. It was made for my son, who loves everything that is chocolate. He claims they are better than the ones he ate in Italy while on holiday.
How to choose the best ingredients for Rich milk chocolate ice cream
Yolks: it is essential to keep the eggs’ yolk fresh. You can check it very quickly. You put the whole egg into a transparent glass with water. If the egg is at the bottom, it means that it is fresh, and when it hovers, it means that it has some time behind it.
Icing sugar: icing sugar will be better than regular sugar because we guarantee it will dissolve well when heating the mass. You can make icing sugar yourself at home in a very simple way. Put regular sugar in the blender (be sure to lock it) and grind. You can also do it in the coffee grinder when it is unused and well cleaned. Otherwise, it will smell like coffee.
Milk chocolate: Choose the chocolate you like best because it will flavor your ice cream. I do not recommend chocolates, especially for baking. They are of much lower quality.
Chocolate chips: You can replace the chocolate chips with the chocolate you added to the ice cream, and this version is definitely recommended. The flavors will then compose.
Tips and tricks
- You can store egg whites in a refrigerator in a closed container for up to several weeks and in a freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you use chocolate with the sugar-free version only with a sweetener and add a substitute instead of sugar (the best will be the powder version), you can use this ice cream in the KETO diet.
Rich milk chocolate ice cream
- 4 eggs yolks
- 100 gr icing sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 200 gr milk chocolate
- 100 gr chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp cacao (optional)
- Beat yolks with powdered sugar to a light, fluffy mass.
- Dissolve the chocolate in a water bath.
- Heat the milk with cream to a temperature of 85 degrees C (185 degrees F)
- Put the mass of yolks and powdered sugar into a saucepan or a deep pot, gradually add warm milk and stir it all the time. Add the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- If you have an ice cream machine, then pour this mass into the machine (as the mass will cool down and make it dense, add chocolate chips)
- The ice cream will last 3-4.5 hours, depending on your machine.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, nothing is lost. Pour the chocolate mass into a tall dish with a lid and put it in the freezer for about 4.5-5 hours.
- In order not to form crystals, mix every 1-1.5 hours. After about 2 hours, you can add chocolate chips so that they do not sink to the bottom but spread evenly over the ice cream.