The fluffy and light Oatmeal Ricotta Pancakes are a healthier alternative to traditional pancakes. They’re more delicate than their heavy counterparts, but they still pack enough protein for an energy boost in the morning! These tasty treats can be eaten by themselves or on top of fruit depending upon your preferences – making them perfect either way you slice it!.
How to choose the best ingredients for Healthy Oatmeal Ricotta Pancakes
Ricotta: for delicious Italian cottage cheese. She is sweet and delicate. It gives pancakes a unique flavor.
Egg: choose fresh eggs, size L or M, if you have size S eggs, take 3.
Oat flour: you can make oatmeal flour as quickly as possible at home. First, grind oat flakes in coffee grinders or in a blender. They can be rolled oat or porridge.
Honey: the honey is dried to give the pancakes a delicate sweet aftertaste. You can use anyone you like. If you limit sugar, use a lovely substitute, which may be stevia or erythritol.
Tips and tricks
- I make oatmeal with rolled oats. I grind more in a blender and keep it in a closed container.
- If you have clarified butter (Ghee), you can use it to fry it. You can also make clarified butter yourself.
Healthy Oatmeal Ricotta Pancakes
- 250 gr ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 50 gr oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of salt
- butter for frying
- Beat the eggs until fluffy.
- Then add the ricotta and honey and mix well with the egg mass with a mixer.
- In the end, add oatmeal, salt, and baking powder.
- We mix everything up thoroughly.
- We fry them in butter, then they are the tastiest. Simmer so that the butter does not burn.
- Put the flat pancakes in a pan with a diameter of 30 cm (12 inches), and 3 pieces are obtained. Then cover the pans to make the pancakes rise and bake them for about 3 minutes.
- When the top is almost baked, i.e., there will be no pouring raw dough, turn it over. The other side usually needs 1.5-2 minutes to bake.
- The pancakes taste great on their own, but you can serve them with honey, maple syrup, and fruit.Bon Appetit.