Fluffier and more egg-filled than your average pancake, the omelet is a healthy breakfast option for people who want something quick. I present them in this version because they’re missing one key ingredient: spelled flour! Despite containing some carbs from spelt wheat. Each tasty bite still has plenty of flavors thanks mainly to the eggs themselve. There’s only so much that can be done with just those two ingredients before things start getting boring… right?
How to choose the best ingredients for Fast and Fluffy Omelet
Eggs: although the eggs are for heat treatment here, you choose fresh because then the egg white is churned perfectly. Fresh egg test – if you put an egg in the water and it sinks to the bottom, it means that the egg is fresh.
Spelt flour: spelt flour, or you can flour a quick roll of oat flour, will also suit the healthy style of these omelets.
Butter: butter if you have, you can use clarified butter otherwise ghee. Then you can be sure that the omelets won’t burn.
Tips and tricks for Fast and Fluffy Omelet
- It is best to turn the omelets over to the other side as it slightly cuts the top.
- When eaten right after baking, they are most plump.
- You can make a fruit mousse yourself – blend your favorite fruit, e.g. raspberries and bananas (bananas thicken the mousse and match all fruits)
Other recipes for pancakes and crepes
Fast and Fluffy Omelet
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp spelt flour
- pinch of salt
- 50 gr butter for frying
- Separate the yolk from the egg white. Be very careful when doing this. It is essential not to get any yolk into the egg white.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt to a stiff mass. The salt makes the egg white beat faster and will last longer.
- Add egg yolks to the whipped proteins and beat them at the slowest speed with a mixer.
- Then add spelled make and mix thoroughly.
- In the pan, melt the butter and put a spoonful of the desired size of omelets.
- We fry, covered, on a slow fire, then it grows faster. Covering the pan prevents the omelets from absorbing as much fat and makes them as if they are steamed.
- One side needs about 2-2.5 minutes and the other side about 1 minute less.
- Serve sweet with your favorite jam or fruit mousse.