This is suggested risotto for dessert for children. It is perfectly healthy, and I believe that children will love it and that it is warming up and perfect for autumn evenings-no need to worry because risotto is a very easy dish.
How to choose the best ingredients for risotto with apples and cinnamon is a delicious dessert for children
Apple juice: the best apple juice will be the one not made of concentrate but naturally squeezed with a short expiry date. You can use a 500 ml juice like you have a bottle of this capacity and you don’t want to release it and you are not sure that you will drink it. Then you just add less sugar.
Sugar: you can replace sugar with a natural sweetener such as xylitol, erythritol or stevia. Remember, however, that the proportions will be different because stevia is sweeter, and erythritol is less sweet than traditional sugar. Although xylitol in the diet is very healthy, the recommended dose is 3 teaspoons a day so as not to cause intestinal discomfort.
Rice: rice – let’s not combine the best, proven types of rice with risotto, then we can be sure that the taste will be very creamy.
Apples: the sweet wine variety is the best for this recipe.
Cinnamon: I don’t think I need to advertise the combinations of cinnamon and apples. However, apart from its taste, cinnamon also has other health properties, it is recommended for lowering blood sugar or it is also an excellent warmer.
Tips and tricks
- You can use this recipe as well, then remember that you will add less sugar, the best will be sultan raisins you have.
- If we want our child to have as little sugar in the diet as possible, we can do it by adding more apple juice, and as much less water as the apples will be sweet, it will also make us eliminate sugar. And we can always sprinkle it with cinnamon, which also has a sweet aftertaste.
Risotto with apples and cinnamon is a delicious dessert for children
- 150 gr of rice for risotto arborio, optional carnaroli
- 300 ml apple juice
- 200 ml hot water
- 3 apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 40 gr butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp raisins
- pinch of salt
- Risotto is a simple dish, but it requires stirring the rice all the time.Peel the apples and grate them
- Fry the rice in olive oil. It will be ready as the grains cover with the oil and become glassy.
- Add the cinnamon.
- Mix the apple juice with hot water and keep it warm all the time.
- Add this warm juice to the rice in one portion (I add one spoonful each)
- The apple juice must be kept warm all the time so that the process of swelling of the rice is not interrupted.
- After the first spoon, add the peeled and grated apples.
- Add the raisins (optional)
- We mix and wait until the delicacies are boiled. The juice will come into the rice. When the dish becomes thick, add another tablespoon of rice until all the juice runs out.
- Finally, add the butter and mix with the rice. Remove from the burner and leave it covered for about 10 – 15 minutes until the rice settles.Enjoy your meal!