If you fancy a quick, cheap dish that does not require culinary skills, this is it. At Quick pizza on baguettes, you can use what you have at home, and what your fantasy tells you, or you can make a proposal that it presents. I assure you that it will taste good. Quick pizza on baguettes is a dish from the “No Waste” series because the baguettes do not have to be fresh, but even a few days ago, the cheese could also be slightly firm for good reasons.
How to choose the best ingredients for quick pizza on baguettes
Baguettes: In terms of size, mini baguettes fit best (half of the regular size), but if you don’t have them, they can be a long classic. You can divide them into the lengths that suit you. Note to this recipe. We can add stale buns from a few days ago that we will not eat anymore. So the baguettes will be as fresh when we take them out of the oven.
Mushrooms: Mushrooms do not have to be perfect: larger ones, smaller ones, not perfect. They can even be slightly dry. One that you wouldn’t use in another dish. After preparation, the taste will not differ.
Pepperoni: I choose this little pepperoni because it looks nice, but sometimes if I don’t have it, it can be of different sizes, so you can just grab and arrange the time for quick pizza on baguettes. There may also be a different version of salami that you like.
Cheddar: Cheddar can be in a piece, and it can be already grated, specially prepared for pizza. Sometimes, a bit of cheese will melt in the glacier and thus be slightly dry. However, we can also use it at baking temperature, and everything will melt perfectly.
Mozzarella: We use mozzarella that is specially prepared for pizza and is already grated. Therefore, such a marinade ball is not suitable for this recipe.
Pickle gherkin: We choose pickles from the more spicy ones, which will perfectly highlight the taste of our quick pizza on baguettes. If you like Polish pickled cucumbers, I recommend replacing them with them.
Tips and tricks
- The rolls can be even very old, even those that you barely cut – then before cutting them, gently sprinkle them with water, wrap them with a damp cloth for a moment (1-2 minutes), or put them in a baking dish while baking water in a pan under the baguettes. The poured water will make the baguettes “refresh”.
- If you want to introduce some healthy food to this dish, add Polish sour pickles. They contain many micro and macro elements. Besides, they support the work of the digestive system and let’s establish that it is not easily digestible. Of course, it is delicious, but such a booster will be helpful, which will additionally emphasize its taste.
Quick pizza on baguettes
- 2 mini baguettes
- 500 gr mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 60 gr pepperoni
- 150 gr mozzarella cheese for pizza
- 3 tbsp butter
- Pickle optional
- Dice the onions into small cubes. Heat the oil in a pan (if you have a deep Wok pan, I recommend that you use it, it will be easier to mix onions with mushrooms)
- Stew the onions until it is soft, make sure it does not burn, but gently glaze them.
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly, cut off the dirty parts, and cut them into small strips
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the onion and stew it together. Stew the mushrooms until they turn brown and season well with salt and pepper. I like them spicy, so I add a lot of pepper and season to your taste.
- Cut the baguettes lengthwise and brush with butter (if we have very long baguettes, we can cut them into smaller pieces)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place our baguettes on the prepared baking tray,
- Then put mushrooms and onion stuffing on the baguettes
- In a bowl, combine the cheddar and mozzarella cheese for the pizza and toss everything together
- Sprinkle coarsely with cheese stuffing on the baguettes.
- Put pepperoni on the cheese (depending on the length of the baguettes, 3-4 slices are obtained)
- Bake in the oven for about 8-9 minutes in an oven 180 degrees. C.
- After removing from the oven, decorate with pickles.Enjoy your meal!