We love chocolate and French crepes, so why not combine them into one. Terich chocolate crepes are perfect and go perfectly with your favorite filling, we like them with banana mousse and strawberries, but you can also serve them with your favorite fruits and toppings.
How to choose the best ingredients for rich chocolate crepes
Flour: flour does not have to be unique and must only be sieved before use, and then it gains air and fluffiness.
Butter: butter is very important, it gives flavor and character to the rich chocolate crepes.
Dark chocolate: dark chocolate is enough with at least 55% cocoa
Eggs: eggs are best if they are L size. For example, if you have size M, give 3, and if you have size S then give 4.
Tips and tricks
- The best rich chocolate crepes are served warm, so it is worth preparing the side dishes in advance or keeping them in the food warmer.
- Melt the chocolate well in a water bath, as you like chocolate, and use it in recipes it is best and most convenient if you buy a stainless steel water bath pot for the chocolate topping.
Rich chocolate crepes
- 1-1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- Pour the make into the bowl, add the eggs and water.
- We mix everything up thoroughly.
- Then add the milk.
- Dissolve the chocolate and butter in a water bath until thoroughly mixed.
- When the chocolate has cooled down gently, add it to the pancake mass and mix it thoroughly.
- The dough is quite dense, so it is worth spreading with a crepes spatula or regular frying.
- Cook for about 1 minute on one side.
- We serve it warm with banana mousse, and strawberries, which can be additionally covered with chocolate sauce.