There are many recipes for pancakes on the web, but these are unique because they are original French and smell and taste like butter.
The recipe is universal. You can serve them sweet but also salty. Crepes fit everything and are often found on our table.
How to choose the best ingredients for an Original French Crepes Recipe
Flour: flour can be ordinary, although the best one for cakes is then the pancakes are more delicate.
Water: the water you add doesn’t have to be very cold. The room temperature is enough.
Milk: milk is usually best with the amount of fat you like. I do not recommend UHT milk.
Eggs: I recommend eggs of the size L, but give one more if you have smaller, e.g. S.
Unsalted Butter: Butter, remember that it should be without any additives. Margarine, produced from hardened fats, is unsuitable for this.
Tips and trick
- You can freeze the surplus of crepes, so you can use them in a crisis when it comes.
- You can very quickly make pancakes with a handle, the so-called rolls. You add flour, eggs and half of the liquid (The dough is so thick that it spreads beautifully and does not leave lumps). When you remove the dough, add the rest of the liquid and melted butter)
- Start measuring the products from the flour because then it will be easy to clean the cup. When you start dispensing products from milk or water, the cup will be wet. The flour will stick to it later and will not be accurately measured.
- I recommend not breaking the eggs directly over the flour because there may be an unpleasant surprise, and the entire contents of the bowl will be thrown away. I have had such a case once, although I always pay attention to the fact that the eggs are fresh.
Original French Crepes Recipe
- frying pan
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- Blend all ingredients into a smooth mass in a mixer and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the frying pan on which the butter was melted.
- Fry the pancakes thinly by spreading them over the pan by tilting the pan in all directions.
- Fry on each side until golden brown.
- Can be served salty or sweet, for example with your favourite jamEnjoy your meal.