This salad is not only full of great taste but also good for you! It’s packed with healthy nutrients like vitamin C and beta carotene. The sweet roasted beets will make your mouth water just by looking at them – perfect alongside any barbecued meat or even as an addition to burgers during summertime cookouts.
How to choose the best ingredients for Baked beetroot salad – vegetable for dinner
Beetroots: for salads and salads, the best burns will be 7-8 cm in diameter (2.5-3 inch)
Leek: leek will be the best fresh, where the leaves are green, not dry, so it will not satisfy the taste values in the salad.
Apple: the sweetest apple will be sourly sweet. It will perfectly break the taste of sweet beetroots.
Apple vinegar: I am adding this apple vinegar because it has the most beneficial properties, and I know what I eat. However, if you do not have such a familiar one, you can add buy or white wine vinegar.
Tips and tricks
- You can bake the beetroots a day earlier, but do not peel them and keep them in the refrigerator.
- If the leek causes stomach problems, you can wash it off before adding it to the salad (pour hot water and hold for 1-2 minutes, drain, and be ready to add to the salad)
Baked beetroot salad – vegetable for dinner
- 3 medium-sized baked beetroots
- 1 leek (white part)
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the beets according to the recipe on the website.
- Peel and grate on a coarse grater.
- We only cut off the white part at all times. We cut lengthwise and then half a length and cut such long parts, time by length, into small pieces.
- Wash the apple, dry it and rub it on a coarse-mesh grater.
- Mix everything, season with salt and pepper, and add vinegar and oil.
- This version of the salad fits perfectly as an addition to the meat.Bon Appetit!