Confit Garlic Tuna Spaghetti is a very simple dish, and the taste is interesting and original. The main character here is confectionary garlic, with which I fell in love. A taste worth recommending.
How to choose the best ingredients for Confit Garlic Tuna Spaghetti
Tuna chunks in brine: I choose tuna chunks in brine in the marinade because I like this tuna the most, but you can select oil or spring water. It won’t change the taste of the dish.
Green olive: for this dish, I choose to drill olives without any additives, but you can select, for example, olives with paprika paste inside. Such olives do not change the taste of the dish.
Passata: for this dish, I make a sauce based on Passata, and this is the best choice if we want to make it quick and make it tasty. You may be tempted to make tomato sauce from a peeled plum tomato in the can, but you need to simmer the sauce longer to make the tomatoes overcook. With this choice, we must have time to prepare. So, for me, the Passata is a very reasonable choice#
Hard Italian cheese of the Parmesan type: any hard Italian type cheese will fit here. It can be Grana Padano, Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano.
Tips and tricks Confit Garlic Tuna Spaghetti
If you don’t have a blender, you can crush the confit garlic with a fork or crush it through a garlic press. Then only the baked crust will be left, which you really chop and add to the sauce, and it will not interfere with the taste.
Pasta Dishes Inspiration
Confit Garlic Tuna Spaghetti
- 300 gr spaghetti
- 120 gr tuna chunks in brine
- 20 pieces green olive
- 4 cloves garlic
- 200 ml passata
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil of olive
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Peel the garlic and fry in hot oil (confit) until it turns brown and is soft inside.
- Drain the tuna and fry it in a pan.
- Pour the passata into a deep dish and put the garlic in it. Then blend to a uniform mass. Finally all, this is poured into the fried tuna.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the recipe on the al dente packaging.
- Put the pasta on a plate, pour the prepared tomato sauce with tuna and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.