Creamy pasta alla carbonara is not an original recipe for the famous Italian carbonara, but it is delicious. And most of all, you can reheat it. You do not need to rush so that the sauce does not stand too much. It’s just easier and less stressful for us;)
If you like creamy pasta sauces, be sure to try.
How to choose the best ingredients for creamy spaghetti alla carbonara
Smoked bacon or pancetta: Please find bacon or pancetta without water because you will cook in a pan instead of frying.
Parmesan or pecorino cheese: It does not matter which cheese you choose, whether Parmesan or Pecorino is important, but it should be in one piece, so you can be sure of the quality of the product you select.
Tips and tricks
The keto version will be like using low-carbohydrate pasta
Creamy pasta alla carbonara
- 150 gr smoked bacon or pancetta
- 1 egg
- 100 ml whiped crem
- 300 gr favourite pasta
- 50 gr parmesan or pecorino
- pinch nutmeg
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- parsley, basil for garnish
- black pepper
- Put the water on the pasta and cook it according to the recipe on the package.
- Dice the bacon or pancetta.
- Fry the bacon, pancetta in a pan until it is crispy but not burnt because this may make our carbonara bitter and spoil its taste.
- Add the garlic squeezed through the press. The garlic enhances the taste of carbonara and fits perfectly with the characteristic flavour of the cheese. Also, be careful that the garlic does not burn.
- Mix the cream, egg and cheese of your choice or parmesan or pecorino in a container.
- The mixed products pour into the frying pan and stir all the time.
- When the sauce starts to thicken. Next, throw in the previously cooked pasta, going all the time. Add the nutmeg, pepper.
- Enjoy your meal!