Rich Rum balls are another version of a chocolate dessert made of leftover dough. Filled to the edges with raisins soaked in rum and nuts as you like. These are power balls, balls rich in additives and chocolate. Try how easy they are to prepare, and you will always do them.
How to choose the best ingredients for Rich Rum balls
Leftover cake: you can use virtually any cake, cookie, or waffle for rum balls. I encourage you to, for example, freeze the leftover dough and not throw it away. Then, when you get the amount you need, unfreeze and make these delicious power balls.
Dark chocolate: it can be dark chocolate for baking. It can be the one with a minimum of 55% cocoa. It doesn’t matter too much. The rum will underline its flavor even more.
Whipping cream: whipping cream must be fresh and sweet. Only this one is suitable for a rich rum ball. Check the label to be free of any thickeners or additives.
Raisins: choose whatever you like. You can also add other dried fruits such as dates, apricots, or figs. However, each of them must be cut before adding to the dough.
Nuts: with nuts, I prefer rich rum ball walnuts and pecan, but also there can be other types that suit you best.
Rum: the rum is definitely dark and strong, don’t be afraid of its flavor that will spread over the balls and not be very intensely felt.
Tips and tricks
- Rich rum balls can be put in the freezer for a while, i.e., about 30 minutes, so they are faster in the right consistency.
- Soak the raisins in rum overnight, then they will add flavor to the rum balls.
Rich Rum Balls
- 300 gr leftover cake
- 100 gr dark chocolate
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 60 gr raisins
- 60 gr chopped walnuts
- 100 ml rum (50 ml rum for soaking raisins + 50 ml rum for rum balls)
- Crush the dough and cookies into small pieces or bend them.
- Melt the chocolate with whipping cream in a saucepan over low heat. We mix all the time to make it merge.
- When the chocolate is ready, pour it into the crumbled dough and mix it all the time with a mixer or a blender.
- Add raisins soaked in rum, rum, and walnuts when the dough is combined with the chocolate mass.
- We mix everything in a spoon and form into balls, coat with crushed walnuts. We put them in muffin cases.