Do you like chocolate? Do you like dark chocolate? Then, this recipe is for you. It is the perfect combination of dark chocolate and chili. Spicy Dark Hot Chocolate is a perfect dessert for autumn, and winter evenings, warming, and filling.
How to choose the best ingredients for Spicy Dark Hot Chocolate
Dark chocolate: if you want to have a good chocolate drink, it is worth paying attention to the good quality ingredients. Here we will dissolve chocolate in milk and cream, so the more chocolate has a percentage of cocoa, the better. The one that is at least 60% is ideal.
Whipping cream: the perfect fat will be at least 30%. The cream must be very fresh, so be careful not to be too thick with a characteristic sheepskin, made as to the cream ages.
Milk: milk is also supposed to be fresh, and fatty.
Chili powder: chili powder will be perfect for chocolate. A million sweet pepper or cayenne pepper is not suitable. Chili powder adds only spiciness and a subtle flavor of paprika, making it a perfect match for dark chocolate.
Tips and Tricks for Spicy Dark Hot Chocolate
- If you don’t trust yourself and are afraid you might let the chocolate boil with a mixture of milk and cream, you can dissolve the drink in a water bath. Then it would be best if you also stirred it all the time.
- The final density of the chocolate depends on the quality of the products you use, so if you decide that the baking chocolate is too thin, add a little more chocolate. If it is too thick, add a little cream.
More recipes for winter evenings
Spicy Dark Hot Chocolate
- 250 gr dark chocolate
- 300 ml milk
- 200 ml wgipping cream
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Heat the cream and milk on a slow fire, but do not boil it.
- Add the crushed chocolate to it. Melt the chocolate very slowly so that it blends perfectly and does not brew in the cream. Don't let it boil. It takes about 4 minutes for the chocolate to melt perfectly in the cream-milk mixture. Meanwhile, you can add the chili and stir gently all the time.
- Take your time to achieve the perfect consistency and it takes time.
- When the chocolate is combined with the mixture of cream and milk, pour it into cups or cups and serve it warm.