Do you like chocolate? Do you like dark chocolate? Then, this recipe is for you. It is the perfect combination of dark chocolate and drinking chili—a perfect dessert for autumn, winter evenings, warming, and filling.
How to choose the best ingredients for Spicy Dark Hot Chocolate
Dark chocolate: if you want to have a good chocolate drink, it is worth paying attention to the good quality ingredients. Here we will dissolve chocolate in milk and cream, so the more chocolate has a percentage of cocoa, the better. The one that is at least 60% is ideal.
Whipping cream: the perfect fat will be at least 30%. The cream must be very fresh, so be careful not to be too thick with a characteristic sheepskin, made as to the cream ages.
Milk: milk is also supposed to be fresh, and fatty.
Chili powder: chili powder will be perfect for chocolate. A million sweet pepper or cayenne pepper is not suitable. Chili powder adds only spiciness and a subtle flavor of paprika, making it a perfect match for dark chocolate.
Tips and tricks
- If you don’t trust yourself and are afraid that you might let the chocolate boil with a mixture of milk and cream, you can dissolve the drink in a water bath. Then it would be best if you also stirred it all the time.
- The final density of the chocolate depends on the quality of the products you use, so if you decide that the baking chocolate is too thin, add a little more chocolate. If it is too thick, add a little cream.
Spicy Dark Hot Chocolate
- 250 gr dark chocolate
- 300 ml milk
- 200 ml wgipping cream
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Heat the cream and milk on a slow fire, but do not boil it.
- Add the crushed chocolate to it. Melt the chocolate very slowly so that it blends perfectly and does not brew in the cream. Don't let it boil. It takes about 4 minutes for the chocolate to melt perfectly in the cream-milk mixture. Meanwhile, you can add the chili and stir gently all the time.
- Take your time to achieve the perfect consistency and it takes time.
- When the chocolate is combined with the mixture of cream and milk, pour it into cups or cups and serve it warm.