I love spicy dishes, combining spicy with sweet or cash with sweet. I love getting to know the flavours of other countries, testing and taking what I think is best. This dish is the best spicy, creamy chicken curry. They are made quickly, the dish is easy, and you can surprise your household members or guests.
I love this curry dish because it is very spicy, I can break its spicy taste with a sweet fruit salad, and this is probably what I like the most about breaking flavours that seemingly do not match each other. In my opinion, they blend in perfectly. So I recommend this curry spicy and a fruit salad.
How to choose the best ingredients for the best spicy creamy chicken curry
Chicken breasts: we choose the highest quality meat we can. Higher quality meat tastes different and behaves differently in cooking, especially chicken. These free-range chickens do not retain their elasticity and firmness during cooking, adding flavour to our best spicy, creamy chicken curry.
Whipping cream, coconut milk or coconut cream: when adding one or two of the factors mentioned above, we need to know how they behave. Milk or coconut cream provides our dish with a more oriental flavour. I usually add coconut milk because it is generally available, but it does not thicken our sauce. We may be tempted to do the best spicy, creamy chicken curry eliminating dairy products when adding coconut cream. Coconut cream can replace whipping cream.
Ginger: I definitely recommend fresh ginger with this dish. It then makes the best spicy, creamy chicken curry juicy and aromatic. However, if you don’t have fresh ginger, it can also be dried.
However, if you believe me, you will always have fresh ginger at your fingertips if you love this dish.
Lemon or lime juice: if we have a choice, we choose lime juice, of course. Lime has a more delicate flavour than lemon and this dish’s smell. We can also add sour orange juice then the dish will have a slightly sweet taste.
Tips and tricks
- Suppose we have sour oranges at home. Sometimes we buy and we don’t know the taste, and they are perfectly suitable for this dish. So you can add them instead of lime or lemon juice.
- You can marinate the meat the day before then it will be even more aromatic.
- You can marinate the meat the day before then. It will be even more aromatic and exquisite.
- If you do not have time, you can skip marinating the meat. Sometimes I do when I have one small starving at home, and the food must be for yesterday;)
- If we use coconut cream, we have a Keto diet dish
The best spicy creamy chicken curry
- 4 chicken breasts
- 300 ml cream or 150 ml of cream and 150 ml of coconut milk
- 1.5-2 tbsp curry
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a pinch of powdered chilli or 1 chilli pepper
- 0.5-1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cm finely chopped ginge or 1 tsp of ginger powder
- 3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- Wash the chicken, dry it with a paper towel, cut it into small pieces, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine garlic, chilli, ginger, and curry in a bowl, including marinating the chopped chicken breasts. Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Peel the onions and dice them. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and fry chopped onions. When the onion is ready, add the marinated chicken. When the chicken suffocates, add turmeric.
- Finally, add the cream, coconut milk and lemon juice. Optionally, you can also add grated lemon zest to enhance the lemon flavour in our curry perfectly.
- I like to break the flavours, and it tastes best with fruit salad and rice, but you can also serve it with naan bread as standard.