My favourite banana fruit salad is that I add to spicy dishes such as spicy curry chicken. I love the combination of sweet fleshy bananas with sweet grape wine, and a juicy orange ripening complements all this in the sun to sprinkle this sweet hint of lemon juice.
How to choose the best ingredients for banana fruit salad
Bananas: we choose bananas with yellow peel, but not brown spots, which I like the most in this salad.
Orange: we choose oranges of medium size. They can be classic or red inside.
Grapes: you can add grapes as you like pink, white or black. I usually add red ones because my children love them, and most often, I have them at home, but I highly recommend black grapes have a more spicy flavour and give the salad a different character.
Lemon juice: you can replace lemon juice with lime juice, both must be fresh, do not add commercially available juices to the salad, they are not natural and have nothing to do with natural juice.
Tips and tricks
- If the salad is not for children, you can add a tablespoon or two of rum to it, and then it will have a more exquisite flavour.
- It is best to prepare the salad an hour before consumption. Then the lemon juice will soak in the juices of the rest of the fruit.
- You can use the peel of oranges in many ways and wash them well before peeling them. You can find more information on my blog.
- You can use banana peels at home in many ways, including washing them well before peeling them. You can find more ideas on how to do this on my blog.
Banana fruit salad
- 2 bananas
- 1 orange
- 20-30 pieces grapes
- half a lemon juice
- Peel and dice the bananas,
- Wash the oranges, peel them and dice them as well.
- Then, wash the grapes, dry them and cut them long. It is necessary because the grapes then release their juice, and they will perfectly match the rest of the fruit.
- Put all the chopped ingredients in a salad bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice. Then, of course, you can do earlier to make the salad bite, but I know that it will not last until the main course at my home.
- I like to serve this salad with spicy meat. It is perfect for the best chicken curry