Salad with roasted seeds is my quick proposition as an addition to dinner or as an omelet for lunch. It is perfect for stewed, fried, cooked meats. It is made quickly, and the roasted seeds are perfect for the taste.
How to choose the best ingredients for a salad with roasted seeds
Salad cucumber: the best salad with this salad will be a fresh salad of cucumber. It should be slightly sweet, green inside and out for a perfect cucumber. And, above all, juicy.
Tomatoes: we choose juicy, firm, and red tomatoes for the salad, which guarantees that they are tasty. However, the skin must not be wrinkled and easy to detach from the tomato because this means that the tomato is old and rather unsuitable for a salad.
Mixed lettuce: we choose the lettuce you like, fresh or already ready-made salad mix. I do not recommend the ice-cream salad with this salad because it has a specific taste. Also, it is durable because it does not soften so quickly. However, the most suitable for this salad are leafy, colorful lettuces. Then the salad looks most appealing.
Roasted seeds: I propose two types of seeds for this salad: sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. These seeds are perfect for roasting.
Tips and tricks
- You can have the roasted seeds prepared in advance and keep them in a sealed container so that moisture from cooking does not get into it.
- I usually have the seeds from the pumpkin preparations in the fall. Some of the pumpkin seeds are served as snacks for autumn evenings. And some are peeled and used in the kitchen, for example, in salads.
Salad with roasted seeds
- 1/2 salad cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 60 gr mixed lettuce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- Before cutting cucumbers and tomatoes into the salad, wash them thoroughly under cold water to eliminate all impurities on the skin.
- Wash the lettuce under running water and drain it well to not lose its firmness.
- The drained lettuce is torn, not cut with a knife. Lettuce loses its valuable micronutrients when it is cut with a knife. The rest of the pulled bowl looks better.
- Put the cucumbers in the moon and eight tomatoes on top of the torn lettuce. Do not peel cucumbers and tomatoes with the skin. They will stay firm for longer.
- Fry the seeds in a hot frying pan without fat, stir all the time, and make sure that they do not burn because they will give a bitter taste to the salad.
- Sprinkle everything with roasted seeds.
- Pour the oil over the oil, sprinkle with lemon juice and salt, and possibly add a pinch of sugar.
- Mix everything before serving.
- Such a salad fits perfectly with meat as a portion of vegetables on our daily menu.