Roast sweet potatoes with avocado dip this recipe was created when I had to be on an anti-inflammatory diet. This recipe is another combination of sweet potato flavors with herbs and a garlic dip with avocado. The recipe is simple, healthy, and very quick. There is also a healthy alternative to unhealthy fries. You can also offer it as a snack for children.
How to choose the best ingredients for Roast Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Dip
Sweet potato: Sweet potatoes spoil pretty quickly, so let’s observe them when shopping. Choose tubers with a smooth, dry shell without cracks and bruises.
Avocado: Choose avocados when ripe, or as I do, buy a few, and then check if they are ready. To check if an avocado is ripe, you can check by pressing the rind to see if it is soft, but this is not a great way because sometimes we can miss the moment when it is really ok. The best way is to check what color the place is where it was attached to the tree. There are 4 options:
- the tip is green, the avocado is immature
- the tip is yellow, the avocado is half-ripe
- the tip is light brown the avocado is ripe
- the tip is dark brown, and the wrinkled avocado is overripe.
The two middle options are edible and will taste good. Unfortunately, the first option, you have to wait, and the fourth option, the avocado, is no longer suitable for consumption because, after opening, it will be partially brown inside. It may have brown stripes. One thing’s for sure, the avocado won’t be tasty anymore.
Tips and tricks
- If you have baked sweet potatoes, you can use them for soup or freeze them for reuse.
- If you do not use the whole avocado, use this part without the stone in the first place. Half a half with a stone in the middle will be slower to turn black and avocado longer. Provided it is in a refrigerator and a closed container.
More potato recipes
Roast Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Dip
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp lime juice or lemon juice
- salt for taste
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into thicker strips as for French fries.
- Put on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with herbs and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Put into a preheated oven 180 degrees C / 360 degrees F / Gas mark 4, roast for 15 minutes.
- Highlight the oven to 200 degrees C / 390 degrees F / Gas mark 6 and roast for another 5 minutes.