A straightforward and cheap shoulder steak recipe. The meat is juicy and tender, thanks to a few tricks. You can eat and eat it, and my family loves it. The recipe does not require culinary skills, and you can surprise many experienced cooks with this recipe. Try it, and you will find out.
How to choose the best ingredients for shoulder steak in onion sauce
Shoulder steaks: choose the best quality you can. It could be whole or already sliced meat, it doesn’t matter. Cut it into pieces about 2.5 cm thick if you have the entire pork.
Tips and tricks
- I don’t use flour for meat, but you can try. If you coat the meat in flour anyway, it will become denser.
- Another way to thicken the sauce, in my opinion, is healthy until the meat is ready. You pull it out. Then, pour all the onion sauce into the making and blend until smooth.
- If you want to speed up the stewing process, add 1 tablespoon of honey for 1 kg of meat. My mother always added sugar, and I modified it for a healthier version, and it works too. The meat is then even more melting in the mouth.
Shoulder steak in onion sauce
Servings: 4 people
Shoulder steak is an excellent piece of meat that really goes well with anything. For stewing, for grilling. The right parts are not that greasy at all. The simplest dishes are the tastiest, and these shoulder steaks in onion sauce are precisely that.Print Recipe
- 1 kg shoulder steaks
- 4 onions
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaf
- 7 allspice
- Vegetable oil for frying
- salt for taste
- Thoroughly wash the meat under running water, and dry each piece with a paper towel. If you dry the meat with a paper towel, it blushes more nicely when frying the meat.
- Peel the onions and dice them.
- Heat the oil well in the pan and put the onions. Caramelize the onions.
- When the onion is ready, put it into a larger pot in which you will stew the meat, I use this frying pan for this purpose.
- Then add the oil and fry the pieces of meat on both sides. They are too lightly brown.
- Put the flushed pieces of meat into the onion pot and add all the spices to your taste.
- I water the water so that the meat is slightly covered. Then, I cover the lid and the souls for about 1.5 hours until the meat is soft. You can season the meat with a spoonful of honey, then it becomes soft even faster.
Calories: 603kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 23g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg