The best sandwich paste full of protein. It tastes best when you break its flavour with pickled cucumbers, unless you have access to pickled cucumbers, I also recommend white bean sandwich paste.
How to choose the best ingredients for white bean sandwich paste
White beans: Best for this paste will be Baby Lima Beans, which have a buttery flavour and rub easily, or Navy (Pea) Beans, which do not need a blender to blend thoroughly. If you are not sure what kind of beans you have, believe me, each one will not resist the blender blades;).
Onions: We choose onions of medium size, about 10-12 cm in diameter. It is best to add the available brown onion, which has a characteristic brownish golden skin. White onions will be too hot for this recipe.
Apple: A slightly sour apple will taste best in this recipe.
Tips and tricks
Soaking the beans in water significantly shortens the cooking time, it is good if the water is warm then the beans swell faster.
White bean sandwich paste
- 200 gr white beans
- 1/2 apple
- 2 onions
- 15 ml vegetable oil to caramelized onion
- salt to taste
- Soak the beans in water for 12 hours, then it will cook until tender for a much longer time.
- Boil the soaked beans in salted water until tender.
- Dice the onion into small cubes.
- Grate the apple on a fine grater.
- Fry the onions in oil, add the grated apple and fry a little more.
- When the beans are cooked very soft, drain them and blend them.
- Add the fried onion and apple and mix.
- Add salt to taste
- It tastes best when you break its flavor with pickled cucumbers, unless you have access to pickled cucumbers, I also recommend it.