Sweet potatoes are what I like, and they are much healthier than ordinary potatoes. Roasted Vegetables Cream Soup is perfect for autumn evenings because it warms you up perfectly and tastes great. The sweet taste of roasted sweet potatoes is combined with red onion and garlic to combine with warming ginger. All this is seasoned with creamy coconut milk.
How to choose the best ingredients for Roasted Vegetables Cream Soup
Sweet potato: apart from their taste, sweet potatoes have many valuable nutritional values that benefit the body, so they often host us at my table. But, of course, we always choose the best quality for your soups.
Butterscotch pumpkin: it is a very thankful and tasty vegetable from the pumpkin family. Therefore, it is perfect for various soups and cake toppings. It is more delicate in taste than regular pumpkin, smaller, and easier to work with.
Thyme and rosemary: I love the smell of thyme, and that is why I use it very often in the kitchen. It also fits perfectly with rosemary, and for this reason, it is also added in pairs. Most often, thyme and rosemary were added to the meat before. Still, to capture this aroma, you can add it differently to roast vegetables, as in this case.
Garlick: we add fresh garlic to the soup because it has an entirely different taste, and it will go well with the rest of the baked vegetables. Baked garlic has a similar taste to confit, so it replaces the taste of butter with coconut oil.
Ground coriander: the ground coriander has a sweet-spicy flavor and a delicate citrus aftertaste. So it will be perfect for this soup to enrich it even more.
Coconut milk: I always use coconut milk, but you can use the light version if you want.
Olive oil: the best olive oil to use is extra virgin. It is from the first pressing, i.e. it has the best quality composition. Besides, there are a few more guidelines on which to pay attention when buying olive oil. For more details, please visit my blog.
Tips and tricks for Roasted Vegetables Cream Soup
- If you have baked vegetables from other dishes, e.g. you used to make sweet potato fries before, you can use them in this soup.
- You can add a teaspoon of tahini to taste as you like the taste of roasted sesame. It will give the soup a different flavor.
Roasted Vegetables Cream Soup
- 250 gr sweet potato
- 300 gr butterscotch pumpkin
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic
- 0.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1 red onion
- 300 ml water
- salt and pepper for taste
- pinch of ginger
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Olive oil
- Peel sweet potatoes and butterscotch and cut them into strips.
- Peel the onions and cut into eighths.
- Peel the garlic.
- Put everything on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with herbs and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 170 degrees C/338 degrees F
- We are making sure that the vegetables do not burn.
- When the vegetables are baked, put them in a pot, pour coconut milk and water and blend.
- Boil it all.
- Season with salt and pepper.