Pumpkin is such an interesting vegetable that, apart from being sweet, it has no specific flavor. However, it has a taste when you do it. I combined pumpkins with orange and lemon, which turned out to be a really interesting flavor combination in muffins. In addition, I stuffed the cream with a strong hint of lemon to enrich the taste even more.
How to choose the best ingredients for Pumpkin Orange Muffins
Eggs: choose fresh eggs, large if you have smaller eggs add one more for size M and two more for size S.
Cane sugar: cane sugar is not essential, but it adds a distinctive color and aroma to muffins. If you have it, use it, but you can replace it with another sugar.
Oil: oil I use rapeseed oil for baking in cooking, but this dough can be sunflower oil, grape seed oil, or any other oil you have.
Orange juice: orange juice is best pressed. The juice then has more flavor. If you will buy one, choose the one with no added sugar or preservatives.
Pumpkin: pumpkin choose fresh, canned mousse is not suitable.
Flour: flour will be good for any of this all-purpose as well. It is important to sift it before adding it to the dough.
Lemon extract: choose the natural lemon flavor.
Tips and tricks
- Sift the make before adding it to the dough. It makes it fluffier and makes the muffins even more fluffy.
- We stuff the muffins on the same day, but they must be very cold so that the butter in the frosting does not melt. You can do a muffin test for this. Put a wooden stick inside, hold it for 2 minutes and remove. When it is warm, you still have to wait. Do the next test in a different place or a different muffin.
- Feel the portions you want to fill when you stuff the muffins with a confectionery sleeve. I count to two and press on my hands with the same force. You can also inflate the muffin in several places for more cream.
Pumpkin Orange Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup grated pumpkin
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 50 gr butter
- 60 gr powder sugar
- 120 gr Philadelphia cheese
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon or orange extract
- Beat eggs with sugar to a fluffy mass, and give each other oil. The mass should absorb all the fat.
- Then add the spices and mix everything to match. Next, peel the pumpkins and grate them on a coarse mesh. Then add to the dough and mix with the spoon.
- We put the dough into the muffin mold.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 360 degrees F / Gas mark 4.
- Put the muffins in the preheated oven and bake them for 20-25 minutes on a dry stick.
- When the muffins cool down. We stuff them with cream.
- For the mass not to melt, the muffins must be really cold.
- Beat the butter to a fluffy mass, add the orange juice, and beat it together.
- Then add the Philadelphia cheese on a spoonful and keep churning it at a slower speed so that the mass does not clog.
- Add lemon or orange flavor and mix thoroughly.