Would you like something cold, healthy, and delicious? Then, you must try frozen smoothie forest fruit. Frozone berries mixed with a coconut drink are perfect for hot days. A mix that not only quenches your thirst but can also be a light dessert. Indeed, it is an excellent alternative to very caloric ice cream.
How to choose the best ingredients for frozen smoothie forest fruit
Coconut drink: in my opinion, coconut drink is perfect. However, you can add an almond drink instead of a coconut drink. Definitely, other milk substitutes will not be suitable for frozen smoothie forest fruit.
Frozen berries: frozen fruit is a good alternative, especially if you don’t have access to fresh fruit straight from the farm. Currently, we have practically all fruits available all year round on the shelves. However, for them to reach the store, they have to go a long way, often half of the world, to get to the store shelves, and thus must be well preserved.
Honey: I will not elaborate on the health properties of honey. You can give it whatever you like best in this smoothie.
Tips and tricks
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, you can freeze it fresh, and it will also work. However, I do not recommend freezing the coconut drink because it will be hard to blend.
- If the smoothie turned out to be too sweet, you could add lemon or lime juice to break the sweetness a bit.
Frozen smoothie forest fruit
- 300 ml coconut drink
- 200 gr frozen berries
- 1 tsp honey
- 0.5 banana
- Take out the frozen berries 30 minutes before making the cocktail to make them slightly softer.
- Put the fruit into a blender that has the option of crushing ice, add coconut drink, honey and mix everything quickly to a smooth mass.
- Pour into glasses, and decorate with fruit and mint leaves.