The potatoes are so fluffy and tender that you’ll never want to use any other recipe again. A unique ingredient makes them authentically mashed, with an aroma like no other!
How to choose the best ingredients for The Best Mashed Potatoes
Potatoes: we choose the white potatoes inside because they have more starch, and they are easier to overcook and grind after cooking.
Butter: butter, choose the ones without vegetable oils and without salt because the potatoes were cooked in salted water.
Whipping cream: whipping cream, the best will be the fresh, sweet one that has not yet started to the dough. If it is left, the cream will be degraded if it is still valid. So choose when you buy. Gently shake the box, and you will know if the cream is liquid.
Nutmeg: nutmeg is the secret ingredient in my mom’s mashed potatoes. When we were too young to taste it, she added it, but I could always tell that nutty flavor and aroma from one bite of this rich potato puree!
Tips and tricks
- If you have salted butter, it adds less salt as you cook the potatoes, but don’t salt them. You will add salt when you make a puree of them.
- If you have time, you can cook the potatoes in the skin, then you do not salt them, but add salt while stirring.
The Best Mashed Potatoes
- 500 gr potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1é3 tsp nutmeg
- Peel the potatoes cut them into smaller pieces, and boil them in salted water.
- When the potatoes are soft, drain the water and crush them with a fork or a wooden spoon.
- Add butter, cream, and nutmeg to the prepared mass. Thoroughly mix everything in a pot until smooth with vigorous movements.Bon Appetit!