When I was a child, my mother used to make this drink. It’s so simple yet very refreshing and delicious! The combination of strawberries with yogurt or kefir is perfect for breakfast-a light meal in itself as well if you want something less messy than usual dinner fare–or even just an extra tasty dessert next time your guests come over unexpectedly (just don’t tell them about the mint).
How to choose the best ingredients for Yogurt Strawberries & Mint Smoothie
Natural yogurt: the yogurt can be anything you like, Greek or plain. You can also replace yogurt with kefir. However, I do not recommend regular milk because the drink will be too bland. Kefir or yogurt gives the drink a characteristic sour taste.
Strawberries: the strawberries for the drink do not have to be perfect. Sometimes, we buy strawberries, and at the bottom of the basket, there are crumpled strawberries that are about to spoil. The best ways to use them are all kinds of cocktails.
Honey: I love Manuka honey, and you choose your favorite one. However, honey must be from a certain source and natural.
Mint: mint is definitely refreshing in this smoothie. It will make this smoothie satisfy your hunger and your thirst. The perfect combination for hot days.
Tips and tricks
- You can use frozen strawberries after defrosting them.
- If you have caramelized the honey, put the jar or packaging in very warm, but not hot, water.
- To make it smoother, you can add oat bran or oatmeal. However, then the caloric content of such a smoothie will change.
- I sometimes like to add flaxseed to such a composition, which should be soaked in hot water for 10-15 minutes beforehand.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can make a smoothie by hand. Then choose very ripe strawberries, crush them with a fork until smooth and mix them thoroughly with yogurt and honey. You can then crush the mint in a mortar or cup, tamping it with a spoon.
Yogurt Strawberries & Mint Smoothie
- 500 ml natural yogurt
- 400 gr strawberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- a few petals of mint
- Measure out the required amount of yogurt and pour it into a blender.
- Wash the strawberries under running water and peel the stalks.
- Add honey and mint leaves.
- Blend everything thoroughly.
- Pour into glasses and serve decorated with a mint leaf.Bon Appetit!