Feta Cheese Pomegranate Salad is the perfect fresh salad. Perfect for a quick snack. Salty feta and sweet, juicy pomegranates are an ideal combination. The arugula gives a delicate spiciness, but to prevent the salad from being too spicy, mix it with other types of salads. Finally, sprinkle it with a soft dressing based on honey, mustard, and lemon juice. I love it, and you?
How to choose the best ingredients for Feta Cheese Pomegranate Salad
Pomegranate: we choose the pomegranate with well-red skin. It will guarantee that it is red and juicy inside.
Arugula: the arugula is obligatory here because it gives the salad a slight spiciness and makes it not boring in its taste. It doesn’t really matter what type of rocket you choose. Each kind has a similar spicy taste. Only what I say is that the arugula is indispensable because it goes perfectly with salty feta and juicy sweet pomegranates.
Salad mix: the lettuce that you add depends on your preferences. Still, in my opinion, iceberg lettuce is not suitable because it has a characteristic crispy taste. Instead, I like to add colorful lettuce mixes because it gives an additional advantage: a bright appearance. You also eat it with your eyes.
Feta: feta cheese is perfect. We choose the best quality you can get. The point is that the cheese should be cuttable and quite hard. The original feta cheese is salty, but the salt does not dominate its flavor. Therefore, it is essential to choose good quality products. You can also select another Greek-type salad cheese. It will be similar to feta but less salty.
Onion: only red onion is suitable because it is more delicate than the classic brown one. Brown or white onion would dominate the taste of the salad, and we don’t want that.
Tips and Tricks for Feta Cheese Pomegranate Salad
- You can take the salad with you for lunch to work, as long as you take the dressing separately. The dressing makes the lettuce quickly lose its firmness. Therefore the salad does not look so tasty anymore and does not taste like that anymore.
- you can store peeled pomegranates in the refrigerator for up to one day. This can significantly speed up the time of making the salad if you cook it in advance.
Feta Cheese Pomegranate Salad
- 1 pomegrane
- 60 gr arugula
- 60 gr mix salad
- 100 gr feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash and dry the salad and rocket, then place the salad bowls at the bottom.
- We peel the pomegranate into a separate small bowl.
- Put feta cheese cut into cubes or strips on the salad.
- We put onions sliced into feathers.
- Sprinkle you with pomegranate.
- Pour the previously prepared dressing.
- Pour olive and olive into a mug, and add mustard and honey. We mix everything and pour dressing over our salad and mix it.Serve on bread with garlic butter.