I love cream soups, you can make them from virtually any vegetable. Broccoli is one of my favorites. Therefore, when I had to go on an anti-inflammatory diet, one of the first soups that I processed according to the dietary guidelines was broccoli cream soup. It is also a great soup for vegetarians.
How to choose the best ingredients for Creamy broccoli soup with sweet potatoes
Broccoli: we choose the best quality broccoli we have. Frozen broccoli is also perfect for the soup, then we add about 200ml less water and put it in the frozen soup.
Sweet potato: we choose the sweetest quality possible, as we have the organic versions, especially if we want to use this recipe for an anti-inflammatory diet.
Sweet potatoes give the soup a slightly sweet taste and thicken it, making the soup even more filling.
Onion: onions give the soup a distinctive flavor. Besides, fried in coconut oil gives it an even more buttery taste. I do not know by what miracle, but it does. Still, there is no notable difference between the onion fried in butter and coconut oil.
Coconut oil: coconut oil is my discovery in soups. It gives them a buttery taste and is very beneficial for our health. It is a perfect substitute for butter or cream in the soup.
Garlic: if you want a more spicy soup, you can add a few garlic cloves to the boiling broccoli and sweet potato soup.
Tips and tricks
- If you have too much water, don’t add it, just simmer it to let it evaporate. My advice is to do this before batching your vegetables because the soup will splash later.
- To add less salt, you can also add a piece of celery to the soup, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s celery or celery. Celer gives the soup a slightly salty taste.
Creamy broccoli soup with sweet potatoes
- 500 gr broccoli
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 liter water
- 3 cloves garlic
- Wash the broccoli thoroughly divide it into parts.
- Peel the sweet potato and dice it.
- Peel the garlic.
- Put the broccoli, sweet potato, and garlic in a pot and pour water over it until tender.
- Boil about 10 after boiling the water.
- In the meantime, cut the onions into fine cubes and fry them in coconut oil.
- When the onion is soft and soft, add it to the soup with coconut oil.
- Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Blend everything until smooth and season with salt and pepper.