I like the butter flavour. I can say that she adheres to the basic principle of French cuisine – butter, butter and only butter. Butter indeed gives our dish a unique flavour, which is why I like to add it to my dishes. This soup can be like all the others, but the secret of butter gives it an excellent and unique taste.
How to choose the best ingredients for butter zucchini cream soup
Onion: we choose brown onions of medium size. White onions will also be suitable, but remember that it is spicier than the classic brown.
Zucchini: the best choice for courgettes is young ones, 15-20 cm in size, then the zucchini has the best taste, and the skin is so soft that you do not need to peel it; this also applies to the seed nests because they are not well-formed, so you use a whole zucchini.
Butter: this zucchini cream soup has the taste of butter and should not be abandoned. Other kinds of margarine with, e.g. a butter flavour, are not suitable. The butter in this soup is the basis.
Feta cheese: feta or any other salty salad cheese that you have the best of the Greek type is suitable for this soup.
Pumpkin seeds: I like to add pumpkin seeds to my dishes because they have a lot of nutritional properties and are healthy. It can be other seed mixtures that you have, for example, sunflower seeds or a combination of sunflower seeds and pumpkin. I always have a lot of seeds from the fall when pumpkin recipes dominate my table. I never throw away these seeds but only dry them and store them for use in the kitchen.
Tips and tricks
- When you salt the soup gently, you can always add more salt to the plate. In the end, you serve it with feta, and the feta is very salty.
- You can add white pepper instead of black pepper as you have and like. White pepper gives the soup its characteristic flavour and is more delicate in taste. The choice is yours.
Butter zucchini cream soup
- chooper board
- 1 onion
- 4-5 zucchini
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp butter for frying
- 125 feta cheese
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1.5 liter water
- salt and pepper
- Dice the onions and stew in butter. Wash courgettes, do not peel and dice.
- Pour water into the pot, add onion with butter, add chopped zucchini and garlic.
- Cook for about 40 minutes until the zucchini is soft.
- We blend to a smooth mass. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remember that the feta cheese is salty, so we will gently season the salt.Serve with pre-treated pumpkin seeds and diced feta cheese.Enjoy your meal!