Apple Galette, i.e., tart without using a form, is very effective and fast, usually on wholegrain flour. Just a healthier state of tart. I present the version with apples, probably the most popular one. Still, you can also stuff it with various other fruits. But it’s already in other parts of my blog.
How to choose the best ingredients for a Apple Galette
Flour: Make suggests using half of the whole grain flour. I like this composition best with apples and cinnamon. You, however, can decide and make a galette with all-purpose flour for the first time.
Butter: this recipe is from France, and the original recipe is butter. I will tell you honestly, I do not see any other substitute for this tart. First, the butter must be very cold, then the tart rolls well and forms.
Sour cream: I like sour cream so much, although the original is cold water. The cream makes the dough more brittle
Cane sugar: the cane sugar for this recipe is perfect for color and flavor. However, you can replace it with brown sugar.
Apples: choose apples you like, I like sweet apples, but acidic apples will also suit galette with apples. If you don’t like very sweet cakes, choose the latter option.
Tips and tricks
- The dough can come out soft, and then you have two options, you put it in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to an hour. It is flexible to roll it out
- If you don’t have time. You roll them out on baking paper, put apples on them, and wrap them. I made this version of the galette in this soft version to show you how you can quickly overcome the problem when the dough is too sticky.
- 1 cup 1/2 whole grain flour and 1/2 spelt flo
- 125 gr butter
- 1 tsp sour cream (in the original, there is one tablespoon of cold water, but I think that cream makes more tasty)
- 4 tbsp cane sugar: 2 tbsp to the dough and 2 tbsp for sprinkling apples on the dough
- cinnamon to sprinkle on apples
- 4 apples I like sweet apples like gala, Red
- Make butter and sugar put on the pastry board (I use non-stick mate for this), start kneading by kneading the butter with flour and sugar.Add the cream and continue to knead.
- Put the kneaded dough into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When the dough is waiting in the glaciers, peel and cut the apples into quarters, then drain them with the seeds.
- We take the dough out of the refrigerator and unpack it on baking paper (it will be easier to transport the dough later to a baking tray. Besides, the dough may stick a little, and this also helps in further preparation)
- If the dough sticks to the fight, it is good to spread the flour or sprinkle it with a soft mesh. Then, put the sliced apples on the rolled out dough. We can clap the apples regularly if we have time and arrange them or pour the sliced apples inside. About 10-15 cm of the dough is free from the edge.
- We cover the edges of the apples with slow dough, and it is good to help yourself with baking paper on which we were fighting the dough. We put our galette on a baking tray. I use baking paper for this; I just move the delicacy onto the baking tray.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 170-180 degrees C/ 338-356 degrees F 30-45 minutes.
- It can be served with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or is the same in each version is delicious.