What more do you want a combination of butter, apples, and a delicious butter crumble? Perhaps only that it would make up a delicious Butter Crumble Apple Cake. This cake has everything I love. It is butter, fluffy, and perfect for fall/winter evenings. They are made quickly and do not require special culinary skills or stubborn equipment. They can be prepared with a spoon.
How to choose the best ingredients for Butter Crumble Apple Cake
Apples: the best apples for this dough will be slightly sour because the whole dough is lovely, so it will be delicious to break the taste, and I like it when I cook.
Flour: the best flour for this dough will be very clean flour, i.e. cake flour. It differs from ordinary plain flour in that it is lighter in raising the dough, and therefore the cakes are more fluffy.
Buttermilk: if you do not have buttermilk, you can use natural yoghurt or kefir. It mustn’t be Greek yoghurt because it is too heavy.
Tips and tricks
- If you don’t have cake flour you can use plain flour then just add a little less flour in this recipe it will be 2-2.25 cups
- To prevent the dough from sticking to the baking tray, you have two ways:
- Line the baking tray with baking paper. Baking paper rolls up for you. Can’t you tame it? Nothing simpler, fold it into two triangles on opposite sides of the cross.
- Grease the baking tray with butter thoroughly and then sprinkle it with flour. This method is our grandmother’s way, and it is definitely more ecological to my heart.
Butter Crumble Apple Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 100 gr unsaltetbutter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 2.5 cup plain flour
- 3 apples
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- 60 gr plain flour
- 30 gr sugar
- 30 gr butter
- Beat eggs with sugar to a fluffy mass. It takes me to beat it with a mixer at full speed for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the buttermilk while mixing it all the time.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. I melt half of it, take it off the gas, stir it gently, and melt the butter using the heat of the already melted butter. It is a suitable method because it does not need to be cooled down when the butter is completely melted.
- Pour the melted and cooled butter into our dough.
- We add making, powder and soda and mix everything.
- The dough will be pretty thick, so we do not fall under the weight of apples and crumble.
- We pour the dough into a baking tray in my 35×30 size.
- If the dough does not spread well, it may be because it is thick. We spread it with a spoon over the entire gill.
- Peel the apples cut them into pieces, and place them on the cake next to each other. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sprinkle the crumble.
- Bake 170-180 for about 40-45 minutes.
- Knead the crumble in a small bowl. Put flour, butter and sugar into small sticky pieces of dough.
- I love to crumble, and it always reminds me of the taste of childhood, I see how my children nibble out of the cake and remind me of the times when I was a child myself, and I used to do it. So that's why I'm doing a lot more for her.