Coconut flour muffins are a quick and simple muffin for vegetarians for people on an anti-inflammatory diet. The muffins are delicate, and the bland taste of coconut flour is offset by the fruit. Perfect for morning coffee or for a quick healthy snack.
How to choose the best ingredients for Coconut Flour Muffins
Coconut flour: on an anti-inflammatory diet, you can only use coconut flour. And in the recipe, there are ingredients for coconut flour because this flour soaks a lot of moisture, and we need to add a lot less flour than when we add walnut flour, and then you do it by feeling.
Maple syrup or honey: maple syrup or honey, and here the choice is yours unless you have limitations again because you are on an anti-inflammatory diet, then you choose honey. Honey, the way you like it.
Coconut drink: you can replace the coconut drink with another vegetable drink or water.
Coconut oil: coconut oil for me is the healthiest form, but it can be replaced with any other vegetable oil that you use.
Bananas: bananas are to be ripe but not overripe because they change the taste, which also affects the taste of muffins. Especially when you make muffins on coconut flour.
Fruit: the fruit you add depends only on you. I like the combination of apples and cinnamon, blueberry, or dried apricots. But also, raspberries can be only if I would add more honey because raspberries are sour.
Coconut Flour Muffins
- 150 gr coconut flour
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 90 ml coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- optional fruit e.g. dried apricots, apples, or blueberries
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Soak the linseed in 4 tablespoons of hot water and wait 10 minutes.
- During this time, crush the banana and add coconut drink, coconut make, and coconut oil. Finally, we mix everything up thoroughly.
- Then add a pinch of cinnamon and baking soda. And once again, we mix thoroughly to combine the ingredients.
- Add soaked linseed and mix. Next, we add finely chopped fruit. I had dried apricots.
- We mix and put it into the muffin mold.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 360 degrees F / Gas mark 4.
- Put the muffins in the preheated oven and bake them for 20-25 minutes.