Fancy a delicious fluffy and, above all, quick carrot cake, this recipe is for you. I often make a pinch carrot cake at school events for kids and always disappear first. You don’t need many ingredients and time, but you need my ingredients for my favourite cake topping – white chocolate topping with a hint of lemon.
How to choose the best ingredients for Pinch carrot cake
Egg: We always choose fresh eggs and size L, if you have M, take 5 pieces, and if you have size S, take 6 pieces also should not be a problem.
Sugar: You can give sugar cane sugar, but it can also be caster sugar. The option you choose is yours, and significantly this will not change the taste of the cake.
Oil: You can choose the oil you have at home, and it can be sunflower oil, it can be rapeseed oil, it can also be grape seed oil, it can even be coconut oil.
Flour: All-purpose flour is enough, and the important thing is to make a sift under the added to the dough. The poppy then takes on-air, and the dough is fluffier.
Gingerbread spice: Gingerbread spice, and here it is worth swearing longer and doing it yourself. I propose my version because it is very rich in aromas and flavours and will be helpful not only for carrot cake but also for gingerbread or various pumpkin baked goods. Furthermore, this spice can be stored in a closed jar for many months, as long as it is tightly sealed.
Carrots: Carrots must be fresh, they must not be frozen, for example, and you should not add more than what is in the recipe because the dough will have too much liquid and will not come out. The current amount is optimal.
Tips and tricks
- The dough can be frozen when it is done more and stored for 2-3 months in the freezer. I have such a thing that one child likes carrot cake, and the other one, I make a chocolate cake for each type, freeze it, and then have it for dessert as needed.
- You can also add raisins to the dough, nuts as you like, but the quick one is also perfect.
Pinch carot cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 oil
- 1,5 plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1.5 cups coarse-mesh carrots
- 100 gr white chockolade
- 30 ml whiped cream
- the juice of 1 lemon
- Beat whole eggs with sugar to a fluffy mass.
- Gradually add oil.
- Add baking powder and soda, cinnamon and gingerbread spice.
- We mix with a mixer all the time, add make. The dough should be pretty thick and add the carrots (do not try to add more carrots because the dough will have too much juice and will not rise. This amount is optimal for such proportions of dough.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 180 C
- When the dough is baked, please wait until it cools down and make the topping.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan, add the pieces of chocolate. When everything is melted and combined, add lemon juice, stirring vigorously.
- Pour our topping on the cake