It is a very nutritious, simple and healthy soup. A childhood delicacy that will surely appeal to both children and adults. He serves it with small puree noodles.
How to choose the best ingredients Pumpkin soup as a sweet delicacy for children
I used the classic pumpkin in the recipe, but if you want to have an even more healthy dish, I recommend Hokkaido pumpkins. It is also perfect for this recipe.
I use high-fat cow’s milk but if you are vegetarian or allergic I recommend coconut milk unless you can’t, any other plant-based milk
Sugar can be any type you like. You can also use natural plant sweeteners like xylitol, erythritol, stevia. I do not recommend only artificial sweeteners because it destroys the health properties of the soup.
Cinnamon emphasizes and gives character to this soup, and has many health benefits. Cinnamon also perfectly warms up, which is complemented by this pumpkin soup as a sweet delicacy for children
Tips and trick
- It is very easy to peel the pumpkin so as not to cut yourself. You need a very sharp knife for this. You cut the pumpkins into two halves, then into quarters and peel these small pieces with a vegetable peeler.
- Do not throw away the pumpkin seeds, they can be used later for healthy snacks or peeled for other recipes. I like to add roasted seeds to soups, salads or when baking bread.
Easy and delicious pumpkin soup for children
- 100 gr plain flour
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 500 gr pumpkin pulp without the skin
- 500 ml milk
- 200 ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sugar for taste
- Mix the flour with salt, add the egg and mix, then knead a little pasta. Mashup such small noodles with your index finger and thumb.
- Pumpkins should be taken from seeds and peeled. My advice is to use a peeler for this as you get hurt very easily. Pumpkin rind is very hard and easy to break. It happened to me several times before I learned it.
- Cut the peeled pumpkins into small cubes, put them in a pot and pour water.
- Cook until tender until it disintegrates. We mix such pumpkins. Add milk and cook.
- When the soup boils, add small dumplings and cook them until tender.
- Serve sprinkled with cinnamon.