These Witches Fingers recipes are quick and effective Halloween almond cookies. They’re tender and tasty with just enough sweetness that will keep your taste buds satisfied without being overpowering or too rich – perfect for any party! You don’t need much to make them either which means this is one shortcake recipe you can prepare ahead of time so when guests arrive they’ll be greeted by an awaiting dish waiting at their doorstep step…
The ground almonds mixed into the dough give it strength while almond extract gives off its famous flavor.
How to choose the best ingredients for Witches Fingers recipes
Butter: butter should be chilled and unsalted without the addition of vegetable oils.
Powder sugar: I use powdered sugar in the recipe because it spreads more quickly in the dough and minimizes the risk of seeing sugar crystals in Witches Fingers.
Flour: I generally use two types of flaky flour for baking: all-purpose flour and cake flour. However, here the make also replaces ground almonds, which is enough. You do not need to mix the types of poppy seeds to create the perfect almond cakes.
Ground almonds: ground almond, otherwise known as almond flour, is perfect to emphasize the almond flavor of Witches Fingers.
Almond: almonds may be unpeeled but also peeled, then Wichers Fingers will look different, but they will also fit.
Almond extract: almond extract is very important because it perfectly enhances the smell and taste of cookies. Choose the natural one.
Tips and tricks
- If you want to have colorful, e.g., green fingers, let’s know. Then, add food coloring to the cake.
- So that you have the effect of blood on your nails or, in the end, you can color with strawberry, raspberry, or cherry jam.
Witches Fingers recipes
- 200 gr butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20 pieces almonds
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- Butter is best straight from the fridge, finely chopped with flour.
- We take a tablespoon of protein in a separate bowl – it will be needed to stick the almonds as nails.
- Beat the rest of the egg yolk with egg white, add it to the dough and chop it with butter all the time.
- We added the sifted sugar so that there were no lumps.
- We add flour mixed with mixed almonds.
- We add a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of baking powder.
- Knead the dough out of all this, or add some flour as needed.
- Roll the dough and cut it to the length of your finger.
- Form the squares and press the almond at the end.
- So that the almonds do not come off, we stick them with fluffed egg white.
- Put on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 180 degrees C / 360 degrees F / Gas mark 4Trick or treat!