Baked feta cheese in tomatoes, once a very famous dish in search engines. I like fete, I like baked tomatoes, so why not? I also tried my version. In the trial and error method, I added my spices to make the dish as aromatic as possible because I did not see the original. Thyme and rosemary give tomatoes baked with feta in herbs an amazing aroma, and delicate oregano and basil enhance this aroma. This is the best option to use in a dish with fresh herbs, especially thyme and rosemary. My version is drizzled with olive oil to melt the feta cheese and tomatoes in my mouth.
How to choose the best ingredients for tomatoes baked with feta in herbs
Feta cheese: Feta must be of good quality as you can. The best will be hard, preferably in one piece.
Tomatoes: Colorful little tomatoes will look the most effective, but cherry or baby plum tomatoes are also suitable for baking.
Herbs: Herbs give the dish a special aroma. I recommend it if fresh. The smell spreads throughout the kitchen if you have such a possibility.
Tips and tricks
- You can take Tomatoes baked with feta in herbs with you to lunch to work. However, I recommend keeping the paste and pasta separate because the pasta in such a paste will be too soft.
- A paste made of baked tomatoes and feta cheese can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. It can then be reheated in a bakery or served cold, for example, in sandwiches.
Tomatoes baked with feta in herbs
- 200 gr feta
- 300 gr tomatoes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemaryn
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cloves garlic
- Note the tomatoes do not have salt because the feta is quite salty.
- Sprinkle the tin with soft olive oil, put a piece of feta in the middle, arrange the tomatoes, previously cut in half, around.
- Peel the garlic cloves, cut them into three parts, randomly place them between the tomatoes, and sprinkle them with herbs. Then, when we have fresh thyme and rosemary, we put them on fete, tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the oil with the dish prepared in this way.
- Bake in the oven at 200-220 degrees for about 20 minutes until the feta is lightly golden.
- Serve with your favorite pasta served warm.Enjoy your meal!