Who, who likes apples and cakes with apples? I love it in every form. I associate the best fast apple pie with childhood and my grandma because no one, like her, made apple pie. This apple pie is not exactly the grandma’s, but it is also so tasty, crispy, and, above all, fast. Unfortunately, it has one disadvantage as quickly as it does, so quickly disappears.
How to choose the best ingredients for The Best Fast Apple Pie
Apple: there are several varieties of apples that I can recommend for apple pie:
- Gala – they are very sweet, they keep their shape during baking and you can not add sugar to them at all.
- Jonagold – A cross between Golden Delicious and Jonathan, Jonagolds have a lovely aromatic flavor, are both sweet and spicy, and retain their shape while baking.
- Fuji – crispy, firm, juicy, sweet-tart balance, keeps its shape while baking
- Golden Delicious – Yellow and sweet, retains its shape after baking, this variety is recommended by Julia Child in her book. In my opinion, it is also perfect for baking with apples.
Butter: butter, definitely without any additives, is the basis of a good apple pie.
Breadcrumbs: I do it myself, and I keep the bread rolls that are not eaten and then grind them. This is necessary because apples leak juice during baking and can be too thin when you cut the dough. Also, this helps to keep the excellent consistency of the apples in the apple pie.
Tips and tricks
- If the dough is too soft and it is impossible to roll it out because it sticks to the fight, put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- You can also cover the plate with pieces of cake if you do not have time to be in the glacier.
- If the dough bakes too much from the top, you can cover it with aluminum foil until the end of baking.
More apple recipe inspiration
In addition to Fluffy cakes, you will also find Buttery Pancakes with Apple Pieces
And maybe not cakes, or pancakes, but perfect desserts for winter evenings will be Risotto with Apples and Cinnamon is a Delicious Dessert for Children as well as a version for adults Risotto alla Mulled Wine.
I love it!
You can do it!
The Best Fast Apple Pie
- 200 gr all-purpose flour
- 100 gr cake flour
- 1 egg
- 250 gr cold butter
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 8 apples
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- I put very cold butter on the dough and silicone mat and chop it finely with a kitchen knife or a short pastry dough shredder. Add previously mixed and sifted flour, egg, and sugar. Mix everything, and chop with a knife to combine. As soon as the ingredients mix, we knead them to a smooth mass.
- Then we divide the mass into two parts in a 2/3 to 1/3.
- The more significant portion will be from under the apple cake, and the smaller part will be upwards.
- Roll out one portion on the board and put it into the prepared baking tray.
- The ingredients given are in a round glass with a diameter of 22-24 cm.
- Grease the baking tray with butter and pour out the flour.
- A larger piece of dough should be rolled out to a diameter of about 2.5 cm (1 inch) larger than the baking form, i.e., if I have a plate with a diameter of 22 cm (9 inches), the diameter of the dough should be at least 23 cm (10 inches)
- We put the dough on the roller and put it on the boiled baking tray.
- We bake it like a tart, i.e., heat the oven to 220 degrees C / 430 degrees F / 7 Gas mark.
- Prick the dough with a fork to let the warm air pass through when it bakes and put out baking beans or ceramic baking balls. It's best to put baking paper first and then the balls.
- We make sure that the balls stick well to the edges of the dough so that they do not fall during baking.
- Bake the prepared dough in a well-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- During this time, we prepare apples. First, peel and grate on a coarse-mesh grater, and drain the juice that the apples let go of. Next, we add a tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon. Mix everything, and add the breadcrumbs to collect juice like apples.
- Put the prepared apples on the baked plate. Cover the second time of the dough and bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees C / 360 degrees F / Gas mark 4 about 20-25 minutes.