Strawberry Muffins Recipe
Strawberries are a delicious and thankful fruit that you can make virtually anything you want. Perfect for fresh salads, cakes, and desserts, ice cream. Therefore, my blog must not be complete without a recipe for strawberry muffins. I present quick strawberry muffins as tasty and fluffy as other muffins on my blog.
Why We Love This Recipe
Quick Strawberry Muffins already the name says they are made very quickly, they resemble spring and summer. The secret ingredient keeps them fresh longer than normal baked goods.
And their ingredient is strawberries, if you like this fruit, you must try this recipe.
This is an absolutely delicious recipe.
What makes muffins rise?
In order for the muffins to grow beautifully, baking powder and baking soda are added in the right proportions.
It is not worth omitting any of them because they supposedly have the same use for the dough or muffins to rise, but they do it in a different ways.
The baking powder works throughout the process and the soda at the end. So don’t skip any of them.
More Delicious Muffin Recipes:
If you feel like muffins with fruit, be sure to try the ones with frozen blueberries, which will surprise you with their color.
Frozen berries make these muffins unlike any other. Surprise you with its appearance and taste. Children and adult children will love this little tick.
Or classic fluffy muffins with blueberries, but with a secret ingredient that I like to add to cakes – white chocolate. The chocolate adds extra sweetness and makes the muffins taste perfect.
You will find white chocolate and blueberry in this muffin recipe, and these are absolutely unique and worth trying.
Other fruity muffins are Pumpkin Orange Muffins which are more like autumn but are worth trying because of the perfectly fluffy orange cream. Be sure to save this recipe to try out for autumn evenings.
Should I chill the muffin batter before baking?
Definitely no, muffins aren’t for baking, which needs to be chilled before baking. It’s not even advisable. The guarantee of successful baking is the room temperature of all ingredients.
It is very important that those ingredients that are usually stored in the refrigerator are taken out beforehand so that they come to room temperature.
How to store leftover Strawberry Muffins?
I think these muffins will not be on the table for long and will disappear quickly. However, if you need to store them because, for example, you made them the day before for a party or for guests, it is worth closing them in an airtight container so that they do not dry out.
Can you freeze Strawberry Muffins?
If you also plan to make this baking much earlier, like 2-3 days, I recommend simply freezing the muffins and taking them out before serving.
To freeze, let the muffins cool completely and then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
I do this when I have a lot of pastries and I know that time will limit me and I won’t be able to do everything on time. There are very few baked goods that cannot be frozen.
I certainly do not recommend cheese-based or frosted ones.
Don’t miss these additional Muffins here at When Is Dinner
Strawberry muffins will be a great addition to breakfast cuisine, but you can also serve them as dessert after dinner.
When we are at dinner, I have an excellent lunch proposal, not only for children, but with strawberries in the lead role.
A perfect lunch will also be a Spring Strawberry Salad, which can be the main dish or an addition to grilled dishes, e.g.
Can I use frozen strawberries in this recipe?
Frozen strawberries will not compose in these muffins because after thawing they lose their structure and have too much juice that thins the cake. Even after draining, it may happen that the strawberries will completely mix with the dough, making it not feel like those strawberry pieces.
It is these sweet strawberry pieces that make these muffins taste perfect.
Other recipes with frozen berries
If you have frozen fruit and you don’t know what to make with it, be sure to check out these recipes:
delicious Frozen Smoothie Forest Fruit is perfect for summer hot days and is no sugar.
A healthy and interesting proposition to use frozen strawberries will be additional Banana and Strawberry Sorbet (No sugar)
How to choose the best ingredients for Strawberry Muffins recipe
Wheat Flour: You can use purpose flour. However, it is essential that it is sieved before use and preferably mixed with baking powder and baking soda. You can use a sieve for this.
Buttermilk: you can replace buttermilk with yogurt and kefir. The most important thing is that what you add is at room temperature.
You can take it out an hour earlier so that it warms up or put the measured amount into warm water (warm water but not hot because it will change the structure of the buttermilk)
If you are a vegetarian or do not eat dairy products, you can replace it with e.g. almond milk, but then add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, wine vinegar to acidify the almond product and wait 1-2 minutes.
Starch: starch gives our muffins fluffiness and keeps them fresh for longer. It doesn’t matter if you add potato starch or cornstarch. It has the same properties.
Strawberries: we choose fresh strawberries, good-quality strawberries as you can. You will not add frozen strawberries to these muffins. There may be smaller fruit varieties because we will add sliced pieces seasonal fruit in the muffins anyway.
Vegetable Oil: Use the best oil you have, it can be rapeseed oil, grapeseed oil, or coconut oil. You can also use melted unsalted butter.]
Vanilla extract: I like natural flavors and always pay attention to them. In these strawberry muffins, you can use either natural vanilla extract or a vanilla pod (then half is enough)
The natural aroma gives you a taste and an amazing smell that will spread throughout the kitchen while baking.
Granulated sugar: You can use regular granulated sugar for muffins, but if you don’t have it because you prefer brown sugar, you can use it too. Cane sugar that gives a light caramel flavor will also perfectly match the strawberry muffins recipe giving them other flavors.
Eggs: Use the best eggs you have, sizes L and M work well. It is also important that they were also at room temperature.
Usually, eggs are not kept in the fridge, but I know that there are people who do and that’s ok too.
If you keep your eggs in the fridge, warm them in warm but not boiling water so they don’t crack.
Tips and Tricks for Strawberry Muffin Recipe
- It is good to remove buttermilk from the refrigerator for an hour before making muffins. Nothing happens if you forgot to take your buttermilk out of the fridge earlier. You can heat it up quickly by putting a measured portion of buttermilk into warm but not hot water and occasionally stirring so that the temperature spreads evenly across the liquid.
- Sometimes it happens that we buy strawberries and forget that they are in the freezer, some parts of the strawberries are soft, and we feel that the taste is not the same and which makes them unsuitable for eating just like that, but if you cut off some excellent parts, you can still use these healthy parts in these muffins.
- It is important to use these tools to make muffins. If you decide for the mixer can not be makeshift at the highest speeds and let’s take care not to mix the dough too much. This ensures that the ingredients are evenly distributed in the batter and to prevent overmixing, which can result in tough or dense muffins.
How to make this simple Strawberry Muffin recipe
Besides the fact that as we already know the ingredients must be at room temperature, these muffins are so simple that you can mix them with a fork and you don’t really need any mixer or food processor.
It’s important to add the ingredients in the right order and once you’ve added everything, don’t wait too long because there’s soda in it.
We can safely call strawberry muffins a one bowl recipe because we don’t need anything more than something to mix.
Quick Strawberry Muffins Recipe are absolutely delicious, be sure to try them.
As you already know everything you need to make perfect strawberry muffins
Let’s do it!
Strawberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup starch
- 300 gr fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- You need to prepare a large bowl and something to mix. It can be a fork, whisk, or mixer.
- It is important to use these tools to make muffins. The mixer can not be makeshift at the highest speeds and let's take care not to mix the dough too much.
- This ensures that the ingredients are evenly distributed in the batter and to prevent overmixing, which can result in tough or dense muffins.
- Beat the eggs to a fluffy mass, and add granulated sugar.
- Then gently add oil and butter at room temperature.
- The next step is to add dry ingredients (the sifted make, baking powder, and baking soda). You mix thoroughly with a mixer.
- Next, you wash the fresh strawberries thoroughly and dry them (the strawberries have juice, and when they are wet, it also dilutes our dough).
- You peel them from the stalks and cut them into small pieces.
- Put the diced strawberries in the muffin dough bowl and gently stir the spoon.
- Then prepared muffin cups (silicone) or muffin tin.
- Lay out the dough gently, trying to distribute the fruit evenly in each muffin
- Ideally, the dough will reach 2/3 of the height of the muffin cups.
- This is serving for 12 standard muffins.
- Preheated oven to 180 degrees C / 360 degrees F / Gas 5 and baking time will be 20-25 min.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops bounce back from the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Such a collection guarantees that the muffin cup will not get wet.Enjoy!