Garlic, chicken, and fruit are one of my favorite combinations. The melon gives you sweetness, and the pomegranate gives you juiciness. We complete it all with chunky chicken, and we have a delicate, healthy salad for lunch or dinner. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring. It can be tasty and colorful.
How to choose the best ingredients for a salad with garlic-crispy chicken, melon, and pomegranates
Chicken breast: we select the best quality chicken breasts as you can. Keep the chicken breast fresh and juicy. If possible, choose a free-range chicken breast. Such meat behaves differently and tastes different too.
Melon: I prefer Cantaloupe Melon because of the flavor and color, but you can choose your favorite type. Melon is lovely and, at the same time, has a very high nutritional value. It contains potassium and beta carotene, which are very valuable for our body. In addition, melons contain many beneficial elements that perfectly hydrate our body.
Pomegranate: choose large fruits with smooth and shiny skin. To see if they are ripe, squeeze them lightly. If you hear a distinctive click, a pomegranate is good.
Balsamic vinegar: Pay attention to the balsamic vinegar you buy. Good-quality balsamic vinegar is yours in Modena, it has the meaning IGP, but the mere marking of this vinegar does not say anything good. Pay attention to the composition to avoid caramel, sugar, and thickeners. Good quality balsamic vinegar will contain only two ingredients: cooked grape must and wine vinegar.
Tips and tricks
- If you pack your meat and dressing separately, you can take this salad to work.
- You can reheat the fried meat in the oven if you do too much.
Salad with garlic-crispy chicken, melon, and pomegranates
- 1 chicken breast
- 30 gr granulated garlic
- 30 gr rocket
- 30 gr mix crispy lettuce
- 1/4 melon
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 honey
- Wash the mix of salads and rocket, dry it well, and put it in a salad bowl.
- Peel the melon, cut it into slices, and put it in a salad bowl.
- Peel the pomegranate and sprinkle it on the salad and melon.
- Wash the chicken breast and dry it well with a paper towel.
- Cut the chicken breast into slices into small slices by cutting the strands of the muscles and salting them. The chicken then fries shortly, and while frying, it will add the flavor of garlic.
- Pour the granulated garlic on the plate, then coat the prepared chicken pieces in granulated garlic.
- Place the slightly browned chicken on a paper towel to wrap the fat in the paper and put it in a salad bowl.
- We pour everything with the previously prepared dressing.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl or mug, and mix well to combine.