Pomegranate Chicken Salad is a speedy salad that breaks the flavors of spicy gorgonzola with juicy and sweet pomegranates. In addition, the taste of spiciness is enriched by arugula, which has a characteristic flavor that makes it irreplaceable in this salad.
How to choose the best ingredients for Pomegranate Chicken Salad
Arugula: if you like spicy flavors, you can use the stronger version of the extra strong arugula. The rocket should be washed before use unless you use the already washed version.
Pomegranate: for the pomegranates to be sweet and juicy, look at the rind to make it dark red.
Chicken breast: of course, we choose the best quality chicken breasts you can buy. The free-range option, I assure you, is about freshness, much more delicious, of course, if you have access to such.
Red onion: the red onion is perfect for this salad because it has a milder, sweetish taste.
Gorgonzola cheese: thanks to triple fermentation, gorgonzola cheese does not contain lactose. Therefore, this salad can be for people with intolerance to dairy products. In addition, it includes a lot of B co vitamins, which additionally strengthen our immune and nervous systems.
Balsamic vinegar: Good quality balsamic vinegar is an essential addition to the kitchen. Good quality balsamic vinegar will not contain any added sugar or preservatives. Moreover, the packaging should bear one of the following markings: Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena DOP, Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Reggio Emilia DOP or Aceto Balsamico di Modena IGP.
Olive oil: olive oil, we choose extra virgin, which means that it is made of the first pressing. Therefore, it will be an additional advantage if you find olive, pressed traditional method, i.e. cold.
Honey: you add honey the way you like it, good quality honey has a taste and beneficial properties, so it is worth buying honey from a trusted seller.
Tips and tricks
- You can prepare the salad dressing in larger quantities and keep it for about a week in a closed container in a refrigerator, preferably a glass one.
- If you want to make such a salad to work, take the dressing with you in a separate container then the salad will have a fresh taste.
- If you want your salad to be in a more fit version, instead of frying chicken breasts, you can grill them.
Pomegranate Chicken Salad
- 60 gr arugula
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small red onion
- 100 gr Gorgonzola cheese
- salt, pepper and hot peppers to season the chicken breasts
- frying oil
Honey mustard dressing
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove of garlic
- Wash the rocket, dry it and put it in a salad bowl
- Wash the chicken breasts, dry them and cut them into small cubes of about 1 cm.
- Season the sliced chicken breasts with salt, pepper and hot pepper.
- Fry in a small amount of frying oil. We cool it down
- Take the seeds from the pomegranate into a bowl.
- Cut the onions into feathers.
- Cut the gorgonzola cheese and tear it into small pieces as convenient for you.
- We put all the ingredients in a salad bowl.
Honey mustard dressing
- Prepare the salad dressing in a mug.
- Put in all the ingredients, add the crushed garlic and mix.
- Pour the sauce over our salad and mix it.
- Enjoy your meal