Strawberries are a delicious and thankful fruit that you can make virtually anything you want. Perfect for fresh salads, cakes, and desserts, ice cream. Therefore, my blog must not be complete without a recipe for strawberry muffins. I present quick strawberry muffins as tasty and fluffy as other muffins on my blog.
How to choose the best ingredients for quick strawberry muffins
Flour: flour can be so all-purpose. However, it is essential that it is sieved before use and preferably mixed with baking powder and baking soda. You can use a sieve for this.
Buttermilk: you can replace buttermilk with yogurt and kefir. The most important thing is that what you add is at room temperature. You can take it out an hour earlier so that it warms up or put the measured amount into warm water (warm water but not hot because it will change the structure of the buttermilk)
Starch: starch gives our muffins fluffiness and keeps them fresh for longer. It doesn’t matter if you add potato starch or corn starch. It has the same properties.
Strawberries: we choose fresh, good-quality strawberries as you can. You will not add frozen strawberries to these muffins. There may be smaller fruit varieties because we will be adding sliced pieces in the muffins anyway.
Tips and tricks
- It is good to remove buttermilk from the refrigerator for an hour before making muffins. Nothing happened if you forgot to take your buttermilk out of the fridge earlier. You can heat it up quickly by putting a measured portion of buttermilk into warm but not hot water and occasionally stirring so that the temperature spreads evenly across the liquid.
- Sometimes it happens that we buy strawberries and forget that they are in the freezer, some parts of the strawberries are soft, and you feel that the taste is not the same and it makes them unsuitable for eating just like that, but if you cut off some excellent parts, you can still Use these healthy parts in these muffins.
Quick strawberry muffins
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup starch
- 300 gr strawberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Beat the eggs to a fluffy mass, and add sugar.
- Then gently add oil and butter at room temperature.
- The next step is to add the sifted make, baking powder, and baking soda. You mix thoroughly with a mixer.
- Next, you wash the strawberries thoroughly and dry them (the strawberries have a juice, and when they are wet, it also dilutes our dough).
- You peel them from the stalks and cut them into small pieces.
- You put the chopped strawberries in the muffin dough bowl and gently stir the spoon.
- This is a serving for 12 standard muffins.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / 360 degrees F / Gas 5 and bake 20-25 min.Enjoy!