We recommend a quick and tasty dish, even the classic chicken breast, for dinner. I really like chicken and pasta, this is a perfect combination for me. Then, when we add mushrooms and sweet cream with the right spices, we have a quick, tasty and nutritious dish that you can also take to work for lunch.
How to choose the best ingredients for creamy mushrooms penne
Choose the mushrooms you have. They will be sliced, so they do not have to be perfect in appearance.
Onion, we choose medium brown or white onions. Remember that white onions are spicier in taste. It is unlikely that you will use red onions or shallots for this recipe.
Choose the chicken breasts of the best quality you can. You will need 3 quite large halves of chicken breast for this recipe. You can also use other parts of the chicken that you have filleted, then you need to clean them well to add the meat to the dish.
You can dilute the whippy cream with milk. If the dish is too greasy for you, give the ratio of 200 ml of whippy cream and 100 ml of milk. Before adding to the food, you should mix them well.
Tips and tricks
- You can prepare the sauce without penne for a few days to work for lunch.
- I like to have mushrooms prepared in advance, i.e. washed, chopped and frozen. Then, you can also use them for this sauce.
- I do not peel mushrooms but wash them thoroughly. Alternatively, I trim the dirty parts of the tails. I always wash the mushrooms under running water. I never put them in a bowl with water. Mushrooms are like a sponge, and they soak up water very quickly.
Creamy mushrooms penne
- 300 gr muchroms
- 1 onion
- 300 gr penne
- 3 chicken breast
- 300 ml singel cream
- salt and peper
- Optional: parsley
- Dice the onions into small cubes. Fry in hot oil.
- Add the chopped chicken breast
- Fry while stirring and add the chopped mushrooms.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- In the next step, add the cream.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Serve with penne and sprinkle with parsley.Enjoy your meal