Oatmeal can be prepared in many ways. As shown in the Breakfast of Beauty recipe, you can pour it overnight. This is one of the first porridges I made when I was a teenager. There are also other versions that he gives in this recipe. Some of them fit, in my opinion, with fresh fruit and others, for example, fried bananas. You can find all of this on my blog. I love the moment when fresh berries such as strawberries or blueberries appear. They are one of my favorite fruits. So if you fancy a porridge with fresh berry, please take a look at this recipe for peanut butter porridge with berry.
How to choose the best ingredients for peanut butter porridge with berry
Rolled oat: rolled oat choose the one you like best, it can also be porridge. Both forms are made of oat grains. Only the first is whole grains rolled or flattened, and the second is oat chopped grains. Porridge cooks much faster, and the porridge comes out more uniform. Rolled oat tastes better with its structure. I prefer the first version.
Milk: choose the milk you use, i.e. it can be cow’s milk, vegetable drinks sometimes called vegetable milk from such a vegetable drink, I would suggest an oat drink because then it gives a slightly sweet taste.
Peanut butter: here I offer peanut butter in exchange for adding nuts to the porridge. It could also be butter from other nuts that are currently available on the market.
Blueberries and strawberries: fruit prefers fresh, but if you cannot do so, you can use frozen ones. Just a note of blueberries can color our breakfast purple.
Tips and tricks
- If you decide to buy frozen fruit, take the measured parts from the freezer overnight.
- If you don’t want to mix the fruit in the oatmeal, first mix the oatmeal with the peanut butter to make it blend. Then, and only later, add the fruit.
Peanut butter porridge with berry
- 4 tbsp rolled oat
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp blueberries
- 5 strawberries
- Boil the rolled oat in water until it becomes gruel and dry the flakes. The cooking time depends on the type of rolled oat you are using. This can be from 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then add the milk and cook it all the time.
- You pour the warm oatmeal over the bowl.
- Depending on whether you like a very warm version, you prepare the fruit before cooking rolled oat or if you cool it, prepare the fruit after cooking rolled oat.
- To prepare the fruit well and healthily for porridge, it is obligatory to wash it in cold water and then in lukewarm water. Additionally, you cut strawberries into smaller pieces.
- You put fruit on a bowl of porridge, add a tablespoon of peanut butter, mix it and wish it tasty.