Pasta, chicken, and spinach combine in a delicate creamy mascarpone sauce. Sounds delicious. In addition, a few extras that make the dish unique, fast and very easy. All this makes pasta with spinach, chicken and mascarpone sauce exceptionally tasty.
How to choose the best ingredients for pasta with spinach, chicken and mascarpone sauce
Pasta: choose the pasta you like, I like penne for this dish, but you can choose tagliatelle, spaghetti
Spinach: the best spinach will be fresh from the young leaves, the so-called baby spinach because you don’t have to peel it from the stalks. It can also be frozen spinach, but remember to choose the one where the whole leaves are frozen.
Chicken breast: choose the best quality chicken breasts you can, and they can also be filleted chicken parts. If you choose filleted chicken parts, you need to take them more from the skin and veins. A little more work, but the final taste will be the same.
Mascarpone: mascarpone can be replaced with whipping cream, but know that it will not be the same taste. Instead, mascarpone gives a unique creamy flavour to the dish: pasta with spinach, chicken and mascarpone sauce.
Garlic: garlic is a perfect match for spinach because it gives the dish a spicy character.
Nutmeg: nutmeg is indispensable, it does not give such amounts a bitter taste, but it gives a unique aroma and goes well with chicken and creamy sauce. If you have the whole thing, I add such a scoop directly by rubbing it on a grater to the dish.
Tips and tricks
- You can prepare the sauce in more significant amounts, e.g. for work for the next day.
- As the reheating sauce is too thick, you can gently add water, one-two tablespoons.
Pasta with spinach, chicken and mascarpone sauce
- frying pan or wok
- 400 gr penne pasta
- 4 handsfull spinach
- 3 chicken breasts
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- pinch nutmeg
- Wash chicken breasts, dry with a paper towel, cut into cubes
- Fry the prepared breasts in oil, add the garlic cut into small cubes or grind in a press.
- We add spinach to our creamy dish until the leaves fall off
- Add the mascarpone cheese, salt and pepper
- Add pinch of nutmegEnjoy your meal