Omelet with mozzarella and tomatoes – a speedy idea for breakfast. You can say that inspired by the fairy tale titled Ratatui but no. I had been doing it before this carton tale was made. I will not say that this is my idea, because probably someone already before, but I was not inspired by anything but my own intuition. Omelet stuffed with tomatoes and mozzarella can be a great breakfast, but also for a quick lunch.
How to choose the best ingredients for an omelet with mozzarella and tomatoes
Eggs: we choose the best quality eggs possible. I prefer the free-range, not only for ideological reasons but also because the hens lay these eggs differently and taste differently to me. You want an excellent omelet and take care of fresh eggs. I give way to check if an egg is fresh in tips and tricks.
Tomato: we choose the best quality tomatoes available. The type does not matter. Although if you have the kind of San Marzano available, buy it blindly. They are perfect not only for warmth but also for salads.
Mozzarella ball: the choice of mozzarella ball depends on what you have in store. It’s perfect to be with buffalo, but I know it’s practically unavailable, so the one you have is good too. Unfortunately, you won’t get to see the taste of buffalo mozzarella.
Fresh basil: fresh basil leaves diversify the dish and give it freshness, aroma, and flavor. No dried herb can replace the fresh one. Basil is available to the public all year round. You can also have it, for example, on the window sill and enjoy the freshness of this herb in your dishes all year round.
Butter for frying: you can choose vegetable oil for frying, and my version is with butter. The butter enhances the flavor of the omelet. I like to add butter to frying eggs.
Tips and tricks
- For the omelet to be successful, eggs are not only of good quality but also must be at room temperature.
- You also need a non-stick frying pan, and if you already have a well-formed cast iron pan, your preference is cast iron pans.
Omelette with mozzarella and tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 mozzarella
- a few leaves of fresh basil
- salt to taste
- Break the eggs into a fluffy foam in a bowl.
- Slice the tomato and mozzarella. Chop the basil finely.
- Add half a spoon of butter to the hot frying pan and pour out half of the beaten eggs.
- When the eggs are lightly set, I lay out the tomatoes, mozzarella and gently sprinkle them with basil.
- We fold our omelette in half. Just cover the part where we put tomatoes and mozzarella with the other part of the omelette.
- We wait a moment for everything to come together and turn it over to melt our mozzarella in an omelette.
- Mozzarella juice may come out during frying, but this is normal.
- The best omelette tastes warm.Enjoy your meal