You know that feeling when you’re finally able to chow down on something delicious after working up an appetite? This Healthy Green Smoothie is your new best friend. It tastes great and has many benefits, like filling or providing fiber for quick digestion! Plus it doesn’t contain any sugar; just fresh vegetables with hints of sweetness from honey which also helps heal our digestive systems. So give this bad boy a try today–you won’t regret anything (except maybe losing weight)!
How to choose the best ingredients for Healthy Green Smoothie
Spinach: spinach will be best when it is young leaves that do not need to be cut from the vaginal stalks. They are tastier and contain more vitamins and minerals.
Salad cucumber: it’s best to choose cucumbers from a reliable source that is relatively thin and has delicate green skin. These are the tastiest and don’t have large seeds inside.
Kiwi: as best as it is ripe, Kiwi can be even slightly overripe but not spoiled. Kiwi is a beautiful fruit that speeds up the metabolism and helps the body cleanse itself of toxins. It also contains potassium which regulates our water balance and thus prevents our body from retaining water. You will find many recipes on my blog, including kiwi smoothies, to spice up your diet with this wonderful fruit.
Green apple: green apples are much healthier than red apples. There are definitely more nutrients such as Iron, Magnesium, Protein, etc. However, they may taste more acidic and therefore less tasty, so it is worth adding them to any kind of smoothie. The fact that green apples are less sweet also means that they contain less carbohydrates and sugar, so they are recommended because it does not cause blood sugar spikes.
Manuka honey: choose the original manuka honey from New Zealand. This product is distinguished from others because it has a lot more MGO (methylglyoxal), which determines its healing properties. In this smoothie, manuka honey will support the work of the digestive system in synergy with kiwi.
Tips and tricks
- If you have any doubts about the origin of Manuka honey, you can always ask the seller for a certificate. If you can easily make it available to you, and you will be able to compare the data from the certificate with the jar, it is worth doing. Manuka honey is not a cheap product compared to similar products, but it is worth investing in. Honey is not used much in your diet.
- If you want to make a frozen smoothie for hot summer mornings or evenings. Add ice cubes, best made of filtered water.
More healthy smoothie inspiration
Healthy Green Smoothies
- 25 gr (A handful ) spinach
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 salad cucumber
- 1 kiwi
- 1 green apple
- 1 tsp Manuka honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash the spinach. If necessary, remove it from the paddle stalks.
- Put the prepared spinach into the blender bowl, then add the juice of half a lemon.
- Wash the salad cucumber and peel it, cut it into pieces and toss it into the blender bowl.
- Cut the kiwi in half and remove the spoon from the inside. Put it in a blender.
- Wash the apple and cut the peel into a blender. Leave only a seed nest.
- Add manuka honey and water.
- Blend to a smooth mass.Bon Appetit!