Grilled vegetables baked with mozzarella is my favorite dish for warm, sunny days. Grilled vegetables that smell like herbs and all in melting mozzarella. Something unique and simple at the same time. You can compose your own vegetable mix. However, I offer the simplest zucchini, paprika, and eggplant. Sometimes these simple foods are the tastiest
How to choose the best ingredients for grilled vegetables baked with mozzarella
Zucchini: we choose medium-sized, young, with no seed nests yet developed. These are only suitable for grilling because we do not peel them.
Eggplant: the perfect eggplants are the ones that are not too hard. The skin should be shiny, taut, and not wrinkled. Small ones are best because they contain less bitterness and are milder in taste when it comes to size.
Bell pepper: we choose large, single specimens that can be red, yellow, or orange, then they look nicer on the plate.
Mozzarella balls: choose mozzarella balls in a marinade. This is the type of mozzarella that is perfect for baking grilled vegetables. The delicate, creamy taste goes perfectly with the sun, summer, and grilled vegetables.
Grilled herbal seasoning: choose herbal spices because they perfectly match this dish. Spicy or oriental spices are unsuitable because they ultimately kill vegetables’ taste. Herbs only add to their flavor.
Tips and tricks
- If you do not have a grill, I recommend grilling the vegetables, then they are additionally enriched with the aroma. You can also carefully grill vegetables on a grill pan or on a Teflon pan. Be careful that the vegetables do not burn with the latter because it is easy to do.
- It is good to drain the mozzarella 30 minutes before grilling. It doesn’t release too much juice while baking the vegetables.
Grilled vegetables baked with mozzarella
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 eggplant
- 2 mozzarella balls
- Favourite barbecue spice, I recommend my grilled herbal seasoning
- olive oil
- Grilled vegetables in their skins, so wash them thoroughly.
- Cut the eggplants into rings about 0.5 cm thick. We spread it on a paper towel and salt it.After about 3-4 minutes, we can worm droplets of juice on eggplants. Then, we pull them off with the help of a second paper towel. This way, we get rid of the bitter taste of eggplants.
- Also, cut the courgettes into slices about 0.5 cm.
- Cut the pepper lengthwise into strips about 2-3 cm thick.
- Grate the vegetables in a grill pan. In order, zucchini, eggplants and peppers. Put the sugar, eggplant and pepper in a casserole dish in layers, and sprinkle the herb seasoning into the grill. I usually use two such layers of vegetables. In the end, I cut the mozzarella slices and put them on the vegetables.
- Bake at 160-170 degrees C/ 320-338 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes for the mozzarella to melt.
- It serves itself warm. The taste of grilled and melting mozzarella is fantastic.