Grilled salmon in a French mustard marinade is probably the most straightforward recipe I know for a successful salmon. The marinade consists of a trill of three mustard ingredients, olive oil, and lemon juice and is perfect for the perfect salmon.
How to choose the best ingredients for grilled salmon in a wholegrain mustard marinade
Salmon: if you want to choose a good salmon, check the use-by date, check that the meat is firm, and it means that the salmon is fresh. Fresh fish is the basis of success.
Wholegrain mustard: wholemeal mustard is perfect for this recipe, but be careful. There is Dijon wholegrain mustard too, and this one will not work. Wholemeal mustard, which has a mild taste, will be suitable for salmon.
Olive oil: olive oil is the only extra virgin of the best quality you can have. However, you can replace it with good-quality vegetable oil. I recommend rapeseed oil.
Lemon juice: lemon juice is suitable only to squeeze from fresh lemons.
Tips and tricks
- Before squeezing the lemon, roll your lemons with gentle pressure. Then press the juice out of it more efficiently.
- To not burn too much salmon, fry it in a grilled pan on a slow fire. In the end, to make him blush, you can emphasize the fire.
- It is always on a tray or in a special basket when grilling salmon. The fish are gently placed on the grill and will fall apart.
- The next day, you can either use cold salmon in a paste for sandwiches or in a salad with grilled salmon.
Grilled salmon in a wholegrain mustard marinade
- 300 gr salmon fillet, preferably with the skin
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix the marinade ingredients, and grease the salmon on all sides. Put in a container for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Fry in a grill pan until golden for about 10 minutes on each side. Sometimes I gently check if the fish parts are separating, then the salmon is ready.
- Salomon is a fatty fish, and it isn't easy to dry it in a pan.
- It is a straightforward and tasty recipe to make salmon and surprise your guests.