Fit salad with tuna is a speedy and light salad for dinner or unexpected guests. It can also be used for lunch but should be served the sauce just before consumption. It is a salad that maintains all the parameters of the KETO diet.
How to choose the best ingredients for a fit salad with tuna
Mix salad: Each mix salad can be used for Fit salad with tuna. Choose the one you like. I use a mix with crispy, colourful salads because they stay firm for longer and look beautiful in a salad. I do not choose arugula for this salad, although it is usually served on my table.
Salad cucumber: Salad cucumber is best so that it is not sour and overripe. I always check when I buy cucumbers or have soft tips, and then I reject them. You can also use a ground cucumber, but you have to remember that it is best to turn them from the light tip to the darker one. Such cucumbers sometimes end up with a bitter taste, and this way of peeling prevents the bitter taste from spreading to the whole cucumber.
Tomatoes: Tomatoes will be the best for our salads, the slightly sour ones, raspberry tomatoes are not suitable because they are sweet. But you can also use cherry tomatoes or baby plum tomatoes, or any version of the small tomatoes you have at hand.
Eggs: I always choose eggs from happy hens. They have a different taste, and for our fit salad with tuna to have a perfect taste, please add such eggs. The size does not matter, and they can be large but medium ones will also be acceptable.
Tuna in brine: I use tuna chunks in brine. You, however, can use tuna pieces in oil or spring water. It all depends on you and your taste. For me, the tuna in oil option is too hard for this salad. Choose such tunics that there are large pieces in the centre of the can, of course. These dark parts of the tuna in the forest are the remains of the tuna, and I do not recommend them for quality reasons.
Red onion: I choose red onions for salads because it is more delicate and sweet. Another onion cannot replace this flavour.
Chives: Chives are perfect for this salad, but if you have spring onion, you can too.
Tips and tricks
- If you do not have a salad mix, you can use one type of lettuce, it can also be iceberg lettuce
- We pour the sauce over our salad just before serving, and then the lettuce will not lose its firmness.
- You can prepare the salad in advance for 1-2 hours, close it in a container and keep it in the refrigerator. But remember to keep the sauce separate then
Fit salad with tuna
- 0.5 salad cucamber
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 can tuna in birne
- 0.5 red onion
- 0.5 bunch of chives
- 1 tbsp lemon juce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash the vegetables. Remember to wash the vegetables first in cold water and then in warmer water.
- We tear the salads into pieces. Remember never cut salads because we extract valuable vitamins from them. We put this salad in a salad bowl.
- Boil the eggs half-hard, I like it so much, but they can be hard-boiled if you prefer. Then, when it cools down, we cut it into quarters.
- Cut the tomato into pieces, cut the cucumber into pieces (I do not peel the cucumber because the ribbon fits nicely in the peel salad), but nothing will happen if someone prefers to turn the cucumber.
- Cut the onions into feathers.
- Chop the chives finely.
- Put all the chopped vegetables into a bowl, dice the eggs, cut the eggs and put them in the bowl as well. Add the chopped tuna.
- Pour the sauce over the prepared salad.
- In the mug we mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper