Breakfast of beauty has everything that should be a healthy and wholesome breakfast, and it costs little and is delicious. Plus, they can be prepared quickly.
How to choose the best ingredients for a Breakfast of beauty
Rolled oats: I prefer to have breakfast rolled oats because they are more wholesome than porridge oats. You can feel their structure when you eat and do not turn into mush. On the other hand, if you don’t have rolled oats, you can use porridge oats substitute. Just soak them in water for 30 minutes before making breakfast.
Honey: choose the best quality honey you have. If you can buy honey from a proven apiary, you prefer this one. It is not used up much for this breakfast, so the jar should last for a long time. Of course, please choose the one you like best, it does not matter whether it will be acacia, multi-flower or honeydew.
Milk or natural yoghurt: the choice of milk or yoghurt is yours because it is important that what you eat is tasty for you. You can also add kefir, buttermilk.
Walnuts: chop the walnuts finely, but just enough to feel their pieces in our breakfast. Finely sliced, it will be easier to blend with the rest of the ingredients.
Raisins: which raisins you choose does not matter, the best you like.
Tips and tricks
- If you add porridge oat instead of rolled oats, pour cold boiled water over them, because hot water will make them turn into mush that will not drain.
- You can prepare beauty snacks in a double portion, e.g., two days. Then, without milk or yoghurt, you store it in a container in the refrigerator. It does not lose its value or taste, and you can save time in the morning as you know you will have less time than usual.
- If you don’t eat dairy, you can use any favourite herbal drink. For example, I sometimes use coconut drinks for this recipe.
Breakfast of beauty
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 apple
- 15 gr walnuts
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon for sprinkling
- It is best to soak rolled oats and raisins overnight. The water is supposed to cover the petals so 4-5 cm.
- In the morning, drain the rolled oats and raisins
- Add honey and mix them
- Wash the apple and grate half of it (do not peel) and add to our petals.
- Mix everything thoroughly, add milk or yoghurt (milk can be warm or cold, it's up to you)
- Sprinkle everything with cinnamon.