Almond cookies, I would even say, you can call them marzipan because they are so full of almonds and almond extract. Such little marzipan in dark chocolate. We love them not only during the holiday season, although their smell fits perfectly with Christmas. They are made quickly and, contrary to appearances, also decorated quickly. And I will say, it is really worth decorating them because they look crazy and taste like that – almonds dripped in chocolate.
How to choose the best ingredients for Almond Cookies
Butter: as for shortcrust pastry, it is best if the butter is very cold. Then the dough will be easier to work on after kneading.
All-purpose flour: the flour should be sifted before adding to the dough
Aground almond: ground almonds are essential because they are the basis of the entire cookie recipe. In addition, they give the biscuits flavor and a characteristic marzipan aftertaste.
Almond extract: another essential ingredient that gives the cookies their marzipan character. You can add even more than is in the recipe if you are a marzipan fan.
Dark chocolate: dark chocolate perfectly emphasizes the taste of these almond cookies, I would not forget it because it is their integral part.
Tips and tricks
- If the dough is sticky, put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When you put biscuits with a spoon and the dough sticks to the spoon, dip the spoon from time to time in hot water.
- Dough, you can do more and freeze. Frozen does not change its properties.
- 350 gr butter
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2.5 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar powder
- pich of salt
- 4 tsp Almond extract
- 60 gr dark chocolate for decoration
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Put the butter cut into pieces in a bowl, add flour and knead it by hand or mixer.
- Then add the eggs and grate the whole time. Finally, add the ground almonds, baking powder, and salt.
- Knead to join, the dough can stick, and it's ok.
- We add almond extract (quite a lot, but the taste of the biscuits is a bit like marzipan).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 360 degrees F / Gas mark 5.
- Put a spoonful of cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper. They will have an irregular shape, and that is beautiful about them.
- Put the cakes in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. You have to check because it blushes quickly.
- When the biscuits have cooled down, prepare the chocolate for decoration.
- Turn the cakes upside down to spread the chocolate under them cakes.
- We can do this in several ways.
- Use a spoon and pour it into thin streams.
- We can do this by using a confectionery sleeve with a thin writing tip.
- You can do this by using a bag and cutting off one corner to make a hole of about 2mm.