Amaretto cake with coffee cream is a delicious cake without flour. Amaretto combined with coffee mass is what I like. I have closed these flavors in a healthier dough because you can indulge in them without remorse without flour.
How to choose the best ingredients for Amaretto cake with coffee cream (no flour)
Eggs: we choose large, fresh eggs because they will be better tampered with.
Honey: we choose natural, best-quality honey. The taste doesn’t matter. If you want, you can replace it with a natural sweetener without calories like stevia or erythritol. Then you will reduce the caloric content of the dough.
Melted butter: we choose natural butter without any additives, unsalted.
Ground walnuts: ground walnuts, you can grind them in a blender, it probably does not grind to the idea, but it does not interfere with the dough as there are pieces of walnuts.
Ground almonds: I have not experimented with almonds to grind them in my blender. However, you can try it in the coffee grinder as you have it or just buy ground almonds.
Tips and tricks
- This is a cake that always works, even if you underbake it and it falls down, you can always put it in the oven for a few minutes. the dough should rise again
- As you can see that the dough burns too much, cover it with aluminum foil.
Amaretto cake with coffee cream (no flour)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 200 gr ground walnuts
- 200 gr ground almond
- 1.2 tsp baking soda
Whipped cream frosting
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp powder sugar
To soak the cake
- 100 ml Amaretto liqueur
- Beat the eggs to a fluffy mass.
- Add honey to the beaten eggs and make a fluffy mass again.
- Add lukewarm melted butter to the mass.
- Add ground walnuts, ground almonds, and baking soda.
- We mix everything up thoroughly.
- These ingredients require a 20 cm / 8 inch round baking tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees C / 356 degrees F for about 35 minutes. *It is one of those cakes that, even if we bake too shortly, we can put them back in the oven and bake them if it falls down gently.
- When the dough gets cold, we start making the whipping cream frosting.
- Pour whipping cream, mascarpone cheese, instant coffee, and powder sugar into the bowl. Whipping cream and mascarpone cheese are supposed to be cold then. They are better to whip.
- We mix everything at the highest speed until the mass is compacted. When whipping, care should be taken so that the mass does not boil over.
- Cut the cooled-down cake into two parts and soak both good pieces of the dough with amaretto liqueur. We donot save on amaretto because it emphasizes the taste of this nut cake.
- Grease the first part of the dough with the mass, cover the second part with soaked amaretto, and put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow it to cool well.Enjoy!